Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else really excited about ALEXANDER-MAIDANA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you just say Devon was a great technical fighter?

Um no......he isn't

Still got him winning this fight though. 1 billion on Alexander, who wants the bet?

Comment

Yes, but I am also excited to watch Broner-Perez as well.

Devon and Marcos BOTH have something to prove, and this fight will elevate the winner, but the loser will have a long road back. Devon beat Matthysse his last fight, a good win, but it was highly controversial. Marcos beat Morales in his last headline fight, but struggled greatly to beat a way past his prime Morales.

Comment

It is a good fight. The LWW division is very tight at the top with not a lot of difference between them. This is a barometer fight where we can get an idea of the pecking order of the division. Alexander lost to Bradley ,Maidana a tight fight to Khan. The outcome of this fight will have a bearing on how we all look at the division. I feel Maidana should win this.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
          It is a good fight. The LWW division is very tight at the top with not a lot of difference between them. This is a barometer fight where we can get an idea of the pecking order of the division. Alexander lost to Bradley ,Maidana a tight fight to Khan. The outcome of this fight will have a bearing on how we all look at the division. I feel Maidana should win this.
          Well... both of them are WW now aren't they?

Comment

I am excited, Maidana will win this fight, I'd say 10th rd TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat.T View Post
              Think Maidana is tailor made for Devon
              Yep. Its a good contrast of styles

The only question will be can Devon put enough hurt on him to keep him from getting to him late. Maidana applies the pressure unlike anything Alexander has seen. He also has an uncanny knack for landed that power hand.

This could be a good one.

Comment

I'm pushing for Maidana. Even if it's a 10th rounder in Stl. If Maidana can cut him early, it will be interesring to see how Devon reacts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat.T View Post
                  Maidana is a slow, flat footed pressure fighter unlike Devons last 3 opponents.

Think Maidana is tailor made for Devon
                  It's funny how I agree with everything you said, yet I still think Maidana has more of a chance than we're giving him. I think the extra 7 lbs will affect both their power and speed. If Devon loses even a step, he's gonna get caught with something. I think Devon will also be tempted to trade more than he would at 140 as well. The only chance Maidana has is to KO him, and I think Devon has a better chin than Khan. Alexander by majority decision, hope i'm wrong.

Comment

Yup can't wait for this. I hope maidana goes for a stoppage win ... can't leave it to the judges in Alexander's hometown.

Comment

Alexander won't be able to hold off Maidana for twelves rounds, he's getting knocked out.

Comment

Working...
                      X