No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Dominates, Punishes Jan Zaveck To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Dominates, Punishes Jan Zaveck To Win

Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York - Keith Thurman (20-0, 18KOs) won a dominating twelve round unanimous decision over former IBF champion Jan Zaveck (32-3, 18KOs) in a WBO final welterweight eliminator. All three judges had a shutout with a 120-108 tally across the board. [Click Here To Read More]

Thurman needs to stay at 154, he's not a welterweight. His punches are mediocre at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
      Thurman needs to stay at 154, he's not a welterweight. His punches are mediocre at 147.
      what? he's at 47 and didn't really land a fully clean shot all night

Comment

Originally posted by itiswhatitis View Post
        what? he's at 47 and didn't really land a fully clean shot all night
        He did. Zavec's got a great chin on him that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by MujoHrnjica View Post
          Pretty much. Zaveck would have beaten Berto if it weren't for the cut. Thurman beat him soundly for 12 rounds. He's legit.

Comment

Originally posted by MujoHrnjica View Post
            he does have a good chin but Thurman still didn't hit him with a clean full fledged shot all night, i believe he even said it after the fight

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              Pretty much. Zaveck would have beaten Berto if it weren't for the cut. Thurman beat him soundly for 12 rounds. He's legit.
              thurman's team did their homework and studied zaveck's fights. berto accepted the challenge and went banging with zaveck to no avail. even though zaveck lost that fight he showed clearly that he has a world class chin and that taking him out won't be an easy task. so yeah thurman kept zaveck clueless with his solid footwork and distance.
              i think he'd give berto a tough fight as well.

Comment

It's hard to look impressive against Zaveck, and honestly that's as impressive as anyone will look. Next for Thurman, Brook-Alexander winner, Lopez-Maidana winner, or anyone of these three, Abregu, Berto and Ortiz.

Comment

First time I saw Thurman on HBO, I thought he was a goober. He has completely changed my opinion of him in his last two fights. He is a fighter to keep watching and a cool guy to boot.

Comment

Zaveck Was KO'd By Berto in 5??? Where Does That Put Thurman???

I saw the fight, Thurman throws bombs, and I saw Thurman KO his last opponent. But what happened tonight, and why did Berto KO Javeck convincingly? I'd say Thurman needs to fight Berto; lets find out. Did Berto get lucky? Was Thurman over confident? Was Javeck better prepared? Was it styles makes fights? Thurman showed me nothing tonight other than he throws hard, but he couldn't take this guy out, who Berto cut to shreds and stopped.

Comment

Working...
                    X