Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Quillin: “I Wanted to Finish Wright But He Wouldn’t Quit”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Quillin: “I Wanted to Finish Wright But He Wouldn’t Quit”

Middleweight contender Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin reflected on his unanimous decision victory over former undisputed junior middleweight champion Ronald “Winky” Wright Saturday night in Carson, Calif.

[Click Here To Read More]

Quillin did look better, yeah it was a against a 40 year old former great who hasn't fought in years. it's still a step up from the bums he's used to fighting.

I think Matthew Macklin would be a great next step for Quillin. HBO would buy it and if Quillin wins it angles him for a Sergio Martinez fight. Macklin would be a huge step up for him but I think he might be able to take it if he keeps on improving.

as of right now though, he isn't ready for the heavy hitter at 160. I think Martinez, Pirog or Golovkin would take him into the deep end and he'd get KOed pretty bad. in a couple a years it might be a different story if he keeps on improving.

Comment

he aint got a roy jones jr chin.

made in china

Comment

Good on Quillin for giving Wright credit, especially after Wright's announcement to retire.

Too many times we hear young ****y fighters bragging how they retired a former champ. I doubt Froch or Khan would be this gracious.

Comment

The gracious talk and the big ups don't make the pill easier to swallow. He still went after a 40 year old fighter who was inactive for 4 years. He gets no points for that. Get lost kid. Instead of moving up a level or 2, he went down 3 levels. He can do that to Winky but when some of those young Middleweights (Like Andy Lee, like Marco Antonio Rubio, and like Macklin) step in there with him, we'll see what he's made of. One of these younger fighters who used to look up to Winky will make this kid pay for chasing a corpse.

Comment

Does anybody remember his "crap comment" after the fight...biggest WTF moment of the night for me

Comment

Warriors don't quit.

Comment

And we all knew what we were gonna get with this fight, thats why they pulled it from the ppv date, good move. Winky was good, but i'm glad he retiring. thx winky great career and wish u luck. peace ya'll

Comment

Originally posted by Convicted_Felon View Post
                  He still went after a 40 year old fighter who was inactive for 4 years. He gets no points for that.
                  He sure as hell does gets points for that because he tried to get Andy Lee and Lee flat out ducked him. Lee walked away from Showtime and screwed over a bunch of fans who paid for tickets to see him in New York. Quillin took whoever would fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                    Does anybody remember his "crap comment" after the fight...biggest WTF moment of the night for me

i missed that part, what happened?

Comment

Working...
                    X