Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still don't think Rashad or Machida do any better then Rampage or Shogun...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still don't think Rashad or Machida do any better then Rampage or Shogun...

Rampage did alot better then all of you thought. I told you he's strong in the clinch so Jones wasn't gonna outmuscle him. His striking defense has always been world class since coming to the UFC he never takes alot of punishment, he blocked the majority of Jones strikes.

But with that being said, Machida & Rashad are easier then Rampage & Shogun in my opinion. Jones reach is absolutely ridiculous not to mention hes such a well rounded versatile striker. Machida gets it the worse IMO Bones will do the exact same thing Shogun did but easier. I know good footwork is good against tall fighters but Shogun showed you can neutralize him with kicks and Jones don't even have to be half as aggressive as Shogun. He could just kick him all day. Not to mention Machida ALWAYS keeps his hands low and chin down. Just cant see him rushing in and out with out getting hurt.

Rashad too, Jones will just do the exact same thing Machida did against him. Don't play Rashad's game, let him be the one thats aggressive and pick him apart. All Rashad can do is try to wrestle which will be hard as **** with Jones reach Jones can keep a safe distance all night long.

Bottomline: I think you need to be able to take somes shot to land your own to be able to catch Jones with something big and Machida & Rashad are fragile as hell with not great defense. Thiago & Rampage both hurt Rashad badly. Tito even got some licks in.

Rampage, Shogun and Hendo I think have the best chance until Jones goes to heavyweight. Solid chins, great power.

Styles make fights, and also Shogun was clearly not at his best when they fought, by a fair bit.

And for the record, I was one of the ones saying that Rampage has a shot, that he wouldn't be out-muscled, that he had the experience to maybe test Jones in some areas, and that Jones is overrated because people think he's unbeatable.

Comment

I think Rashad and Machida would both do better than Rampage and Shogun.

Due to the simple fact that both Rampage and Shogun are incredibly stationary targets. They plot forward and stand almost completely still for the most part. Where as Rashad is always moving and Machida is constantly fidgeting around.

I think the movement will give both Rashad and Machida a better shot than Rampage and Shogun.

I think the big issue is. Rashad does a lot of stupid *****. Where as Machida is real tentative. Both of which are big no-no's against a guy with the ability, aggression, and reach of Jones.

Comment

I guy I've recently seen brought up also, is Feijao, based on his strong kicking and punching ability, aggressiveness, and prodigious takedown defense.

He may have been knocked out by Henderson, but styles make fights, and he would present some interesting looks for Jon Jones.

Comment

Oh yeah, just an off the beaten track comment, but did anyone else find it pretty sad when Rashad ruined Jon's special night, again?

Comment

Rampage just came in there and did his usual winging right hooks and hitting nothing but air and Jones while dominant looked less than impressive. Rampage is just a one dimensional fighter these days and is basically just looking for big money fights so he can cash out. He doesn't want the title and tbh, I don't even think he cares if he wins or not as long as he gets paid.

I think Rashad has a good chance, and Jones must think so too because he's faked an injury twice now to avoid fighting him.

I wasn't blown away by Jones at all, tbh. He still has a lot to prove. But at the same time there doesn't seem like a whole lot of guys who can give him problems.

Comment

Any of those guys can do better than Shogun did. That was one of the most lop sided title fights ever that lasted longer.

Comment

I believe Machida would be a better challenge. Lyoto hasn't been beat up as much as the other guys. Although, Bones could make it look just as easy beating down Machida as he did the others.

Bones is in a momentum groove right now.

He'll have to make a serious mistake in order to be beaten convincingly.

Comment

Among the four fighters mentioned I think Machida, because of his elusiveness, would give Jones a challenge. Evans is the easiest fight.

Comment

Reason why I don't think Machida has a better chance than Evans. Because he is too tentative. I know it's his style but he is not naturally aggressive. Jones will pick that apart. Also add that he doesn't take damage of any kind well.

Rashad does better under duress. However, I just think the silly things he does will get him knocked out. Hands down, rolling his shoulders, gyrating like a ******. He'd get bushwhacked doing that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X