Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Gloves.

Whats up people,

had a question regarding boxing gloves.
    What kind should i get for training on bags, regular ones or the ones with the loose thumb?

http://zagossip.com/wp-content/uploa...gloves-pic.jpg

or

http://www.deepbluefightwear.com/med..._2000x2000.jpg

I've never owned a pair of "bag gloves" I always felt it was sensible to use the real deal on the bags. However don't pay too much for gloves you'll just use on the bag because they'll go through a lot of use. I used to buy a £20-25 pair for the bags and a more expensive pair for sparring.

That's just my opinion though.

Comment

The Everlasts are the better choice between the two. I'd suggest you use a 10 to 12 oz glove for bag work hard training but also use a pair of smaller gloves designed for the heavy bag to help increase power. Ray

Comment

If you really want to workout and protect your hands, absolutely wear bag gloves for hitting the bag.

Reason being is because the padding on bag gloves are thicker and denser to protect your hand from the everyday beating. If you use training gloves or sparring gloves I should say, the padding is thick but softer and it doesn't protect the hands as much from the everyday beating.

I use Ringside IMF bag gloves, they are excellent for the price. For sparring I use the Ringside sparring 16oz gloves to protect my sparring partner.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          If you really want to workout and protect your hands, absolutely wear bag gloves for hitting the bag.

Reason being is because the padding on bag gloves are thicker and denser to protect your hand from the everyday beating. If you use training gloves or sparring gloves I should say, the padding is thick but softer and it doesn't protect the hands as much from the everyday beating.

I use Ringside IMF bag gloves, they are excellent for the price. For sparring I use the Ringside sparring 16oz gloves to protect my sparring partner.
          I use the Ringside 16oz sparring gloves for both...never had any issues with my hands with them.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
            I use the Ringside 16oz sparring gloves for both...never had any issues with my hands with them.
            I just have torn up my sparring gloves hitting the bag. They will last longer if you spare them the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              I just have torn up my sparring gloves hitting the bag. They will last longer if you spare them the bag.
              You're probably right....I've had mine for about a year and they are already pretty beat up.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
                You're probably right....I've had mine for about a year and they are already pretty beat up.
                Yea, they are just not built for hitting the bags or mitts. I always have two pairs, one for sparring and one for bag and mitt work. Plus, once you start tearing your sparring gloves up, it will make the knuckles go through the glove.

Comment

While browsing google I've found this thread which is really older, but I've a good experince with RDX Gloves in past so i will recommend that. Not sure because might be you used it earlier as my recomendation on this thread is too late. Well I found these gloves through their web. Here is the source which might be helpful for some new member.
                  http://www.rdxsports.com/boxing/gloves

Comment

Working...
                  X