No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo is Improving on His Speed To Shut Down Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo is Improving on His Speed To Shut Down Lara

As part of his preparation in San Diego, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (43-1-1, 31KOs) is focused on improving his speed for the upcoming fight with WBA 'regular' junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara (19-1-2, 12KOs) of Cuba, taking place on July 12th from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Under the guidance of his coaches, Jose and Edison Reynoso, Canelo is going through special exercises to improve his speed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's a wrap for Lara.

Comment

Hopefully Lara won't sale the fight like Perro Angulo did and gives a boxing lesson to Canelo, hopefully that way Canelo can think about changing to a new coach.

Comment

This is Laras big chance don't mess it up. He has to be agressive and entertaining. Canelo win or lose will still be in the big fights.

Comment

Canelo better not fall into the trap again.

The I think I can outbox the boxer trap again.

It almost cost him vs. Trout and we saw what happened with Floyd.

Aggression is the key.

Comment

I'm a huge Lara fan and i know he can outbox anyone and i mean anyone at 154 or 160, including the much over-rated Floyd Jr. Lara has better legs and mobility to hand him a loss, anyhow i got sidetracked..

Lara can easily outbox Canelo all night, the problem is GBP will stack all odds against him for Canelo to win by any means, you can bet that 2 of the three judges will be bought, size of the ring will be to the readhead's liking and other fishy business like they used against Lara in the Angulo fight, they asked him not to re-hydrate more than 10 lbs after the weigh in even though there was no such clause in the contract AND the female doctor in the corner disallowed Lara's team to put water on his head and neck throughout the fight! I confirmed that in the fight video. They will pull some similar **** this time too, and on top of that Lara allowed Canelo to fight at 155, he should've never allowed that!!
            Canelo is a hype-job with very ****ty conditioning, he can barely fight 12 rounds and now can't even make 154, plus the dude had to buy out Angulo to get back in the W column.

Canelo can have a tainted, controversial win against Lara, which i'm expecting to see but he sure as **** aint looking good against him.

Comment

Canelo needs to capitalize on Lara's tendency to bring his right hand back low, he does have a very good counter left hook but speed should be his main focus.

Comment

Only way Lara wins is if he lays on a boxing master class for the ages, and even then it's no guarantee.

Comment

Lara is a good fighter but he isn't some dominant boxer like Floyd or rigo.. I think he is a notch below and on the same level as chemito.. I think if canelo is aggressive he should be able to win..

Lara is a very up and down fighter, he didn't look good vs angulo, vanes, and I thought Molina beat him.
                  If Lara was a top level elite boxer, he should have been able to pick apart Williams like Quintana did, instead of being in a competitive fight

Canelo should win this if he doesn't fall into a slow paced chess match, he needs to be active and have a good punch output

Comment

I don't think Canelo can outsmart Lara. He needs to be aggressive, not smart. Trying to outbox a Cuban counter puncher, a southpaw to make matters worse, isn't gonna cut it.

Comment

Working...
                    X