Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Spain the best national soccer team of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are the top dogs at the moment, will take a very good team to stop them.

Comment

They are definitely up there. The amount of depth in the squad is amazing. Some of the players which they haven't even had room to call up would be star players in other international teams. It helps that a lot of them play together in club team football which gives them better chemistry. The one match which made me think that they were vulnerable was against Portugal in last years Euro 2012, on paper they should have beaten Portugal handily but Portugal took them straight down to the wire. Portugals 2004 Euro team were a lot better than the team they have now.

One match I would have loved to see this Euros was Germany vs Spain. Germany have a pretty young squad, with more promising youngsters coming through. England had a great side on paper in 2006 with many players in their prime but ever since they have been declining and haven't got any new stars to replace them with. Wilshere is a top player though, it's sad that Joe Cole has declined so much because he was one of the few players in the England side which had flair. The French team are looking solid as well, they have good depth in their squad their team in Brazil will be interesting. Brazil have some good players but they haven't really been able to replace the amazing players they once had a decade ago, Neymar is quality but with Ronaldinho, R.Carlos washed up, players like Ronaldo, Cafu retired and so on it'll be a big ask. Argentina have got some great players but I don't think they are as strong as they were in 2006 where they played some out of this world football iirc. Italy on paper aren't that good but they performed well last year thanks to Pirlo amongst others but they need more talent.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post

brazil 1970 team
        <

with Fernando Torres coming off the bench.

Comment

Yes, Spain is the Greatest! Bow Down! Viva LA ROJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
            <

with Fernando Torres coming off the bench.
            I would sub Capedevilla with Jordi Alba.

Comment

Working...
            X