Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Here's the thing.

Actually there's two.

One, after eating 1,600 calories in 5 hours... you're stuffed for the remainder of the night and a good portion of the morning and afternoon, you start getting hungry around 1ish, but you can make it to 3. You're allowed non calorie drinks, water, diet soda, coffee etc in your fasting times.

Two, When you don't eat for 19 hours, you're physical stomach begins to shrink, you will actually find it difficult to consume all your calories in your eating window because you just can't eat as much... you'll be hungry when 3pm comes, but you will fill up quickly and remain full a lot longer.
    I'm actually going to give it a spin closer to the summer for a few weeks and see what I make of it as I watched the Hodge Twins video you put up and then in usual Youtube fashion, ended up clicking on loads of others on the same subject and a lot rave about it....You can;t all be mad, so it's on my "to do " list.

I'm going to follow your next weight loss too so I'll be able to check some "real world" results

Comment

• Originally posted by chav View Post
      I like the idea of eating 1600 calories between 3pm and 8pm, but the fasting bit isn't as appealing
      It's a great way of promoting hypotension and irregularities in ur parasympathetic nervous system which secretes the hormones needed to promote muscle growth...in other words, u'll lose weight but ur muscle gain is limited even though ur protein intake is technically sufficient

I'm curious to see the end results and I highly doubt they are lasting

Comment

• Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
        It's a great way of promoting hypotension and irregularities in ur parasympathetic nervous system which secretes the hormones needed to promote muscle growth...in other words, u'll lose weight but ur muscle gain is limited even though ur protein intake is technically sufficient

I'm curious to see the end results and I highly doubt they are lasting
        Eating 1600 cals i would be surprised if anyone could gain much muscle at all, but you would certainly shed weight. For weight loss, it might make sense if you can hold onto a large chunk of the muscle & strength you have.

Comment

• Nobodies trying to gain big amounts of muscle on 1,600 calories.

It's a cutting intake.

Comment

• I enjoy IF.

Doesn't feel like fasting as I was never a breakfast person anyway.

I try and eat between 12-6 usually. Today I will be eating from 1230-1930 I would imagine.

Comment

• never said "big amounts" I'm going to go as far as saying little amounts if any amounts at all

Comment

never said "big amounts" I'm going to go as far as saying little amounts if any amounts at all
                You mean don't expect to gain muscle mass on a cut? Thanks for dropping the knowledge on us in this thread. Mind = blown

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                  You mean don't expect to gain muscle mass on a cut? Thanks for dropping the knowledge on us in this thread. Mind = blown
                  I reckon u didn't understand my post above the one u quoted

are u saying it isn't possible to do both? if so I can guess why ur mind is blown...to pieces that is
                  Last edited by -PANDA-; 01-21-2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

I reckon u didn't understand my post above the one u quoted

are u saying it isn't possible to do both? if so I can guess why ur mind is blown...to pieces that is
                    Seemed like a lot of broscience. It is possible to gain muscle and lose fat on a cut, but trying to do it on a 1600 calorie intake isn't even worth it you would be killing yourself for minimal gains.

Comment

• Impressive results. Based on the fact that it's taken you only 3 weeks to get to where you are I don't see why you couldn't be in 'good' shape within 3-4 months.

Comment

Working...
                      X