No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Price Would Face Fury or Chisora For Lonsdale Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Price Would Face Fury or Chisora For Lonsdale Belt

DAVID PRICE is worried that he may be unable to win a Lonsdale belt outright because there is a lack of serious domestic rivals.

The 6ft 8in Liverpool puncher won the British heavyweight title last year by defeating Sam Sexton, and made quick fire defences against Audley Harrison and Matt Skelton.
    He needs one more notch to own a Lonsdale belt outright, but there are currently no suitable active contenders.

Price (15-0) is now boxing at world class and meets American double world title challenger Tony Thompson (36-3) in a 12 rounder at Liverpool’s Echo Arena on Saturday 23rd February.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He should perhaps fight Chisora after Thompson, and then move on to some ranked heavyweights.

Price is #14 in the new WBO HW rankings I see.

I just hope he fights often in 2013. Price turned pro around the same time as several heavyweights like Wilder and Pulev who've had more fights.

Comment

Price is a very good prospect and I am following his career closely but he is promoted by a buffoon who does not keep him active enough what the hell did learn against Audley that he can punch - we all know that and Maloney keeps talking about throwing him now with a Klitschko he is young and learning it is too early to face him against Champions who have had so much experience he needs to be active a guided perhaps on the lines of Thompson (who his fighting next he will win but this guy will not offer much resistance but this is already sealed not much we cn do about that) after that fight Chisora who will give him a few rounds if not take him all the way and he will learn more in that fight than he has learnt in the whole of 2012 and he will have his Lonsdale belt) then maybe against someone like Chazz Witherspoon in the states to raise his profile over there after that someone like Shane Cameron and rais his profile in Australasia then Chris Arreola a good stern test and then Helinius some one big like a Klitschko and then he will have 20 or so fights witha lot of experience and then maybe then if comes through these opponents with good performances he can face a Klitschko but if you throw this Kid in to early you could Destroy his legacy before he starts these are a few options - anyone ELse got an opinion on this feel free to share this with me.

Comment

He can't fight Fury - Fury is busy defending the coveted Irish heavyweight belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
          Price is a very good prospect and I am following his career closely but he is promoted by a buffoon who does not keep him active enough what the hell did learn against Audley that he can punch - we all know that and Maloney keeps talking about throwing him now with a Klitschko he is young and learning it is too early to face him against Champions who have had so much experience he needs to be active a guided perhaps on the lines of Thompson (who his fighting next he will win but this guy will not offer much resistance but this is already sealed not much we cn do about that) after that fight Chisora who will give him a few rounds if not take him all the way and he will learn more in that fight than he has learnt in the whole of 2012 and he will have his Lonsdale belt) then maybe against someone like Chazz Witherspoon in the states to raise his profile over there after that someone like Shane Cameron and rais his profile in Australasia then Chris Arreola a good stern test and then Helinius some one big like a Klitschko and then he will have 20 or so fights witha lot of experience and then maybe then if comes through these opponents with good performances he can face a Klitschko but if you throw this Kid in to early you could Destroy his legacy before he starts these are a few options - anyone ELse got an opinion on this feel free to share this with me.
          I think what you outline there is pretty ambitious, but I do agree that he's too green to throw in with a Klitsckho just yet. He needs to build his game against former challengers and other prospects. Chisora, arreola, Chagaev, adamek - these will all be solid tests for him and if he comes through that then he deserves his shot. And he has as much chance as anyone else to come through. He has a wicked right hand - probably equal to the strength of the brothers. With his size and power he could challenge anyone.

Comment

Would be best to see Price vs Fury this summer for a mega outdoor soccer stadium event.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
              I very respectfully disagree. There is a fine line between many experiences that tell us "we are ready" and the brass ring only comes up on the Merry-go-round so many times..... Price either has the talent to persevere, or not. It would not be horrible to lose to a Klitschko as long as he gave a good account of himself. A fight with Chisora...a fight I would love to see in principle (being a Del Boy fan of sorts) would be a bad move....What does he gain? Aereola would be a great fight for him and either Klitschko! He has the youth and drive he needs to suck it up and see where he stands.

The crop of young heavies coming up are good lads but Price has much more natural ability. He can throw himself in the mix and maybe have a bad night and lose a year....if you follow me, or....he can move ahead of the group and lead by having a good outing against a Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by papillon82 View Post
                Would be best to see Price vs Fury this summer for a mega outdoor soccer stadium event.
                Fury is game....I love his attitude frankly. But I don't see him doing well against Price unless Price falters.

Comment

Hard not to agree with Billeau2.......

..........Price is in a funny place right now, he's cleaned-out the domestic locker and the Harrison and Skelton fights really looked a bit like treading water evenings. He won them at a canter.

The only other decent domestic-level fights out there are actually world-title eliminator class match-ups with Fury, Chisora and Haye.

David either needs to decide to push on quickly and have a crack at the K Brothers or spend a bit more time with some risky fights with Chisora, Fury, Helenius and Chris A.

My tuppence on the whole Fury v Price fight is that it does not happen until one of them has a world belt and they can cash-in properly on their rivalry with a mega fight at Anfield or Old Trafford.

Would not be too surprised to hear that some sort of unofficial gents agreement exists between these two and that all the current 'handbags and hype' is just designed to make sure the Big One lands a motherload of cash.

Comment

fury or chisora would be good but fury has bigger fish to fry with his current ranking so fighting price makes no sense for fury. chisora would be a good fight. chisora has a good chin & is much better suited to fight bigger men.he pushed both helenius & vitali around during their fights & held his ground in the trenches. price is big & has a big time power but can he take a punch? can he get off the canvas if he gets dropped? how does he handle being cut? can he go 10 or 12 rounds without becoming fatigued? none of these questions have been answered yet. harrison was the first step, thompson will be next & i really think he should try & secure the chisora fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X