No announcement yet.

All potential American HW greats goes to Football instead of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All potential American HW greats goes to Football instead of boxing

Yes, we saw that last night - the biggest US HW prospect was Koed by a Klitschko sparring-partner.......

Rule US......no........Rule Europe, Europe rule the way :-D

Now we just need Wilder to step up against a top #125 ranked boxer - then we once again are without anything from US in the HW division

because that's how that works.

Comment

The US HW's just aren't that good anymore, but it's really the division as a whole apart from a select few. Wlad, Vitali, and Haye are the only current HW's who I think would even be remotely competitve in the 90's against Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe, etc.

Comment

The USA has only 1/20 of the worlds population. It's makes sense that they don't always have the best boxers.

The "If it ain't American, it ain't right" idiots need to accept reality and stop making LAME excuses like "they're all in the NFL"

Comment

No one's making excuses. Even the HW's from other countries, except the Top 3, aren't very good.

David Price has some real potential though. I've heard he's chinny though.

Comment

But they do have the best boxers still. Mayweather and Ward are in the top 3 P4P.

Comment

Oh and the US still has the best boxers P4P of any country.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                But they do have the best boxers still. Mayweather and Ward are in the top 3 P4P.
                They are pampered and protected, always having their home officials to help them when needed.

Example:

- Castillo-Mayweather I
                - Joe Cortez helped Floyd in Hatton-Mayweather
                - referees permit Ward to foul

Floyd and Ward will never leave the US to fight a decent opponent, because they can't fight without the security blanket of their shady home officials.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  They are pampered and protected, always having their home officials to help them when needed.

Example:

- Castillo-Mayweather I
                  - Joe Cortez helped Floyd in Hatton-Mayweather
                  - referees permit Ward to foul

Floyd and Ward will never leave the US to fight a decent opponent, because they can't fight without the security blanket of their shady home officials.
                  Mayweather-Castillo I wasn't a robbery, it was a close fight that could have gone either way, and Floyd set the record straight in the rematch. Hatton was initiating every clinch when he'd just rush forward blindly after getting popped, and last time I check, Joe Cortez didn't throw the check right hook that sent Ricky flying into the ring post.

Stop getting so bent out of shape just because the US has the best boxers in the world P4P still, professionally. It's not like other countries don't have great fighters, they do.

You're problem is that you hate America so much, you let it blind you when analyzing fighters. S**t, you were hyping up Seth Mitchell was a potential Wlad opponent, even though I told you months and months ago that Mitchell was average at best.

Comment

Come on guys - I really do like US and has family connections in NY. I am just tired of US folks saying that they do not dominate the HW scene due to other sports - or because HW is in bad shape.

US is still the nation with the most world-champs.

Comment

Working...
                    X