No announcement yet.

I give Meek Mill 3 years to take over the rap game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Burner View Post
    If you dont like listening to Drake, Wayne and Wale then hey thats fine but to act like they cant spit is just silly. Commercial rap is shyt but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.
    Drake is better on non-Young Money features (Poetic Justice and Good Girls Go Bad for 2 solid examples). Wayne has been s**t since Tha Carter II, and was never that good to begin with. Wale is whack.

I'll take any of those mentioned over those guys. And I'm not even saying Mac or Cudi are great lyricists or great rappers, because they aren't, but they make some decent s**t. If Drake got away from Young Money, he'd make better music, in my opinion.

I can't believe the guy on here who said he'd rather listen to Slim Thug, Mike Jones, and Cassdiy rather than Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Logic, KRIT, etc.

But I agree, Meek Mill is whack. I never got into that guy, and didn't know what all the hype was about. Kendrick and Cole are light years better, and I'll throw that white boy Logic in there too. He's trying to find his sound, but he makes some hot tracks, can spit and do different styles, and is pretty lyrical. Those are my favorite 3 Up-and-Coming emcee's.

And the whole "Mainstream sucks" is really played out. While there's some fans of the mainstream hip hop who need to broaden their views on hip hop and appreciate what an underground emcee does. There's also underground hip hop fans that need to appreciate a good mainstream emcee.

Em and Nas are still two of the best rappers in the world. Jay still makes some decent stuff from time to time, depending on the song. And there's the up and comers like Kendrick, J Cole, KRIT, Yelawolf, that can spit and don't just rap about bulls**t all the time. And even Currensy has some dope music, though he does make some whack stuff too. And like I said about Cudi and Mac, they aren't super lyrical or great emcee's, but they make some decent music from time to time that's not that bad and way better than some of these guys like Wayne, Wale, Sean, 2 Chainz, etc. And that other white boy, Machine Gun Kelly, yeah he's a douche bag, but the guy has some talent. He can spit, he has some whack stuff, but he can spit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burner View Post
      If you dont like listening to Drake, Wayne and Wale then hey thats fine but to act like they cant spit is just silly. Commercial rap is shyt but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.
      Yeah for real. That's that coolness in people. Can't give credit when credit is due.

Comment

Originally posted by VersaBan View Post
        Yeah for real. That's that coolness in people. Can't give credit when credit is due.
        I give credit for them making it in the industry and doing what they had to do, because they must be doing something right. That doesn't mean there music isn't whack, in my opinion.

I hate when people just say "mainstream rap sucks, this is real hip hop". Because there are mainstream artists who are great emcee's and make good music. They say the mainstream isn't lyrical or doesn't have good content, but they've obviously never gave a listen or paid to attention what some are saying.

Kendrick, Cole, Logic, Krit, Yelawolf, Currensy, Macklemore, all have content and can be very lyrical in their music. And like I said about Mac and Cudi, they may not be that lyrical or great rappers, but they make some music that I can listen to and enjoy, and they make some decent songs.

Comment

" I tell her to spend a night, and I ain't even staying!" RAW

Comment

LMAO Cassidy killed this dude in "R.A.I.D" freestyle diss. Meek hasn't said shiiiiit. He got quiet real fast. He basically threw in the white flag. Cassidy made him look weak.

Meek is dope but Cassidy took his hoodpass. I think Asap Rocky about to take this rap game over hes pretty deep and dope.

I agree Big Krit, Asap, Kendrick Lamar are dope as hell! Asap and Kendrick and Krit go in on "1 train", and "F'n problem" is pretty dope. I Love "Purple swag" "Roll one" and "Brand new" by Asap he's really the truth right now. Mello old school flow with a modern rhythem.
            Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 01-18-2013, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
              LMAO Cassidy killed this dude in "R.A.I.D" freestyle diss. Meek hasn't said shiiiiit. He got quiet real fast. He basically threw in the white flag. Cassidy made him look weak.

Meek is dope but Cassidy took his hoodpass. I think Asap Rocky about to take this rap game over hes pretty deep and dope.

I agree Big Krit, Asap, Kendrick Lamar are dope as hell! Asap and Kendrick and Krit go in on "1 train", and "F'n problem" is pretty dope. I Love "Purple swag" "Roll one" and "Brand new" by Asap he's really the truth right now. Mello old school flow with a modern rhythem.
              Who's Cassidy? That's what people say. Meek is winnin' right now and Cas is trying to take shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
                Who's Cassidy? That's what people say. Meek is winnin' right now and Cas is trying to take shine.
                Like I said, Meek is still whats hot right now but definitely loss some luster as obviously "this who?" destroyed him in a rap battle.

GAME OVER

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                  Like I said, Meek is still whats hot right now but definitely loss some luster as obviously "this who?" destroyed him in a rap battle.

GAME OVER

First 3 things he said, makes it that Cas is grabbing. He wrote his raps? Then why Cas ain't shining and Meek is? Done deal.

Comment

This was Meeks diss and Cassidys first diss. Cassidy already won with his first diss but Raid ended it. Meek really let the spotlight make him soft. He still has a young raw style, but his battling skills fell off haha.

Not saying Meek ain't hot, he's just not as grimey as he use to be which comes with pretty much every rapper after they make it. I'm not oblivious, Cassidy really needed this beef more then Meek but Cassidy make damn sure he won. But will probably fall back off soon hes always too damn inconsistent. Hes either really freakin dope or really weak. Trademark hit or miss.

Looking forward to Dreamchasers 3. The first 2 were so dope I thought his album was a bit disappointing but his mixtapes are some of the best of whats hot right now.

Comment

yall be all over drake nuts if he wasnt in degrassi or if he was full black.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X