No announcement yet.

My first live boxing experience

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first live boxing experience

Shockingly, despite having been a boxing fan since childhood, I had until last weekend never been to a live event. But when Froch Kessler II was announced, I simply had to go.

I travelled down to London with my wife and two friends (5 hour drive), and had one of the best nights of my life. We had excellent tickets, at about ring height, and in a perfect position. In fact none of us could believe just how close we were to the action.

Watching boxing live for the first time was truly a revelation, TV just can't portray the skill, brutality and sheer drama of each fight.

The headline fight was incredible. 19,000 people going ape****, everybody in the arena on their feet for the last round (apart from the mardy tw*ts at ringside); two of the best fighters in the World going toe to toe for twelve rounds. Amazing.

We all said afterwards, we can't wait to go again, all four of us are well and truly hooked

My first live boxing event was at hampden park in Glasgow June 2000 I was 10 was a good card Tyson v savarese , Judah v witter plus a certain Dave Coldwell who sadly got stopped

Comment

You couldn't have picked a better fight, IMO.

Comment

Nothing like a live show to increase sex drive in couples!!! Boxing can be a wonderfull thing in many ways!! Makes women horny as hell!!! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
          Shockingly, despite having been a boxing fan since childhood, I had until last weekend never been to a live event. But when Froch Kessler II was announced, I simply had to go.

I travelled down to London with my wife and two friends (5 hour drive), and had one of the best nights of my life. We had excellent tickets, at about ring height, and in a perfect position. In fact none of us could believe just how close we were to the action.

Watching boxing live for the first time was truly a revelation, TV just can't portray the skill, brutality and sheer drama of each fight.

The headline fight was incredible. 19,000 people going ape****, everybody in the arena on their feet for the last round (apart from the mardy tw*ts at ringside); two of the best fighters in the World going toe to toe for twelve rounds. Amazing.

We all said afterwards, we can't wait to go again, all four of us are well and truly hooked
          You definately picked a great first fight!

Been to a few and this was my favourite live experience by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilysdaddy View Post
            My first live boxing event was at hampden park in Glasgow June 2000 I was 10 was a good card Tyson v savarese , Judah v witter plus a certain Dave Coldwell who sadly got stopped
            That's a great card, I didn't realise that Witter vs Judah was the same event as Tyson vs Savarese/the ref.

My first event was Brook v Hatton, I think the better fights were in the stands - I think people took the 'War of the Roses' billing a bit too literally.

Comment

First one i went to was JuanMa vs. Concepcion def was hooked to watchin live fights after that.

Comment

What a great fight / atmosphere to start with

Comment

Yeah it was belting, can't wait to go again. Granted, it will be a long time before I see a fight of that magnitude again, but I'd be happy just going to see some small hall events, or something in the middle, maybe a British title fight or something.

At least I can call myself a proper fan now, I was beginning to feel like a fraud.

Comment

Working...
                  X