No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn on The Froch/Kessler/Stevenson Situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn on The Froch/Kessler/Stevenson Situation

This past week on ATG Radio, UK Promoter Eddie Hearn stopped by to accept Carl Froch's "ATG Fighter of the Year" award. He had the chance to discuss the future plans for IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch (30-2, 22KOs) and the possibilities that are on the table for his next battle.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    This past week on ATG Radio, UK Promoter Eddie Hearn stopped by to accept Carl Froch's "ATG Fighter of the Year" award. He had the chance to discuss the future plans for IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch (30-2, 22KOs) and the possibilities that are on the table for his next battle.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Froch should go to Canada and knock out Stevenson,Im pretty sure it would only take him a couple of rounds and then try land the Kessler fight.Theres no harm in vacating the IBF strap to Stevenson and fighting Kessler either but Froch is a fighting man so I dont see that happening.Little bit of a dilema here for the Cobra.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1706 View Post
      Froch should go to Canada and knock out Stevenson,Im pretty sure it would only take him a couple of rounds and then try land the Kessler fight.Theres no harm in vacating the IBF strap to Stevenson and fighting Kessler either but Froch is a fighting man so I dont see that happening.Little bit of a dilema here for the Cobra.
      Why go to Canada? If the Stevenson fight happens should be in nottingham.

Comment

I'm beginning to think Froch doesn't want Kessler that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Why not? Best money. Froch wanted it long before.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
            Why not? Best money. Froch wanted it long before.
            Because it is dragging out.

Froch wants Kessler. Maybe he doesn't want to pay him.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              What are you basing that assumption on? The part in the interview that Hearn says there in negotiations? Or the part he says Froch has a "burning desire" for the Kessler rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                What are you basing that assumption on? The part in the interview that Hearn says there in negotiations? Or the part he says Froch has a "burning desire" for the Kessler rematch?
                I'm not particularly informed so I can only speculate:

Before christmas Hearn said that the deal was almost done. A 50/50 split with 2M going to both. A UK venue likely London or Manchester.

That's the base line. What has happened since is just guesswork.

What if SKY has said that they will return to PPV for this particular event? Maybe this added revenue is the stumbling block? Maybe Hearn will not share that 50/50?

Or what if Froch is stripped of the IBF title? Will Sauerland then accept 50% for their fighter who's the champ and fights on foreign soil?

Comment

The IBF mandatory threw a spanner in the works for the rematch but I believe it has been agreed in principle, just the minor details to iron out. Hearn doesn't want his fighter to lose the belt, even if Froch isn't bothered, so Kessler-Froch II will probably happen in the summer.

Froch knows Kessler is a very beatable opponent and both get on great with each other. Just put your feet up and relax - this fight will be happening this year.

Comment

i hope froch destroys that pimp, kessler would want the same! no space in the sport for scum.

Comment

Working...
                    X