Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Ricky Burns duck Broner again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner fights Demarco next. Am I the only one on boxing scene who thinks Demarco has a chance to beat Broner?

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
      Broner literally offers nothing to Burns. What does he have? some HBO After Dark exposure? Some twitter followers? Please. Let Broner grab a title, sell out a venue, and have an actual fight at Lightweight first before saying Burns is ducking this kid. Burns is the champ right now. He calls the shots.
      That sounds good but it's not how things work. If Haymon, GBP and HBO wanted...They would position Broner in to the #1 spot again. Win the purse and stage the fight in Broner's home town. Isn't that how he won his first title? Frank Warren made Burns vacate the title.

But anyway Broner is going to fight the #1 in the division in Antonio Demarco. That should be a great fight and will indicate if Broner is really a problem.

Comment

lol, sounds like a lot of protectionism of burns going on here. if broner gets passed demarco, thats absolutely the fight that should be made. if it had been the other way around, ppl would be calling broner a duck for not trying to make that fight. smh. but whats to be expected from this site.

Comment

Burns vs anybody does good numbers in the UK. He could move up and fight Hatton and it would sell bucketloads on the PPV. I'd love to see Burns vs Broner, but Broner needs to leave his backyard to make that happen or HBO needs to offer Burns big bucks to go to the U.S. I can't see either scenario happening.

Comment

Burns throws too wide and is too easy to hit. He needs to stay away from America and Broner. He can make a lot more money fighting back home anyways.

Comment

Probably. Warren knows he's got a bit of a gold mine with Burns. I think Burns' competition has been fairly decent. Mitchell, Moses, Katsidis and Martinez are not exactly bums. But he'd no doubt get outclassed by the top echelon like Broner and Gamboa.

Comment

Gate money is only a fraction of the total money generated by a fight. The bulk of it comes from the network and HBO is the richest boxing network. Burns would make more money fighting Broner in Vegas on HBO in front of 5000 people than he would fighting at home in front of 20 000 people. It's a fact.

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Broner fights Demarco next. Am I the only one on boxing scene who thinks Demarco has a chance to beat Broner?
                No you're not.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                  Burns vs anybody does good numbers in the UK. He could move up and fight Hatton and it would sell bucketloads on the PPV. I'd love to see Burns vs Broner, but Broner needs to leave his backyard to make that happen or HBO needs to offer Burns big bucks to go to the U.S. I can't see either scenario happening.
                  Now that's a big money fight!

Imagine!

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    NOTE: I'm sure Frank Warren played a role in Burns not wanting to go to USA and fight Broner. I also understand Burns is the champion, and is not necessarily required to travel to Broner's hometown.

I'm also not the type who believes you have to fight in USA to prove your mettle.

But I think the chance to get exposure on HBO, and the payday comes about, you have to have some damn good reasons to not take the fight.
                    Broner cant draw flies to **** in the US, Burns and Broner can make a **** load more money in the UK at a full footy stadium headlining an event

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Gate money is only a fraction of the total money generated by a fight. The bulk of it comes from the network and HBO is the richest boxing network. Burns would make more money fighting Broner in Vegas on HBO in front of 5000 people than he would fighting at home in front of 20 000 people. It's a fact.

No you're not.
                      no he ****ing wouldn't, explain this away Sherlock

Comment

Working...
                      X