No announcement yet.

How can people call Cotto a bum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can people call Cotto a bum

I dont know if I am bias because he has been my favorite fighter the last 7 years but I think he is a hall of famer and only a handful of fighters can beat him (pac, may, martinez and not sure who else). However, alot of family members can calling him a bum and say its a disgrace to put him on the same level as someone like camacho or trinidad. In an intelligent way without speaking ignorant can you guys give detailed debates including his big wins on why he is great or why he is a bum?

Not a bum but is a b+ fighter at best imo

I think he has the brains for the spot but physically he does not have it, his speed, stamina, reflexes and power are shot not where they should be to be a great fighter

mosley fight was a good example, he fought a shot fighter, barely won, in my opinion he lost that fight but it could have gone either way i suppose

He also has discipline issues, his frame is perfect for welterweight, he should be fighting at 147 but puts on too much weight between fights

Comment

Losses: Margarito, Pacquiao, Mosley, Clottey, Mayweather
      Wins: Jennings, Mayorga, Foreman

not bad, I've seen worse on FNF. He's a C+/Gate keeper level fighter.
      Definitely not a bum.
      Last edited by LeG00N; 11-25-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Whoever calls him that is an idiot. Cotto is one of the few greats and is only a notch below Pacquiao and Mayweather. His record in Championship fights is amazing and so is resume where he's facen close to 20 world champions or former world champions.

Comment

Should have losses to Mosley and Clottey IMO.

Comment

Never seen anyone call Cotto a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
              Not a bum but is a b+ fighter at best imo

I think he has the brains for the spot but physically he does not have it, his speed, stamina, reflexes and power are shot not where they should be to be a great fighter

mosley fight was a good example, he fought a shot fighter, barely won, in my opinion he lost that fight but it could have gone either way i suppose

He also has discipline issues, his frame is perfect for welterweight, he should be fighting at 147 but puts on too much weight between fights
              Jaja so Mosley was shot?

Comment

Cotto is not a bum. His resume and willingness to fight all comers speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  Should have losses to Mosley and Clottey IMO.
                  I agree.....but Cotto is so far away from bum status that I don't know even why I came in this thread tbh....I guess I just wanted to see which clowns label Cotto a bum....Cotto will go down as a ATG...nothing less!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    I agree.....but Cotto is so far away from bum status that I don't know even why I came in this thread tbh....I guess I just wanted to see which clowns label Cotto a bum....Cotto will go down as a ATG...nothing less!!
                    ATG? That's a bit much, HOF sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X