No announcement yet.

The Controlling Ego of Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Controlling Ego of Manny Pacquiao

Many fans see Manny Pacquiao as a kind, gentle, humble, respectful guy since his rise to the top of the boxing world when it comes to his affairs inside the squared circle. Yet many fans overlook a lot of things that he has done when it has come to having certain advantages over fighters.

He forced Eric Morales to fight at Super Featherweight even though he knew Morales had trouble making SFW and wanted to fight at Lightweight.

He forced the Welterweight champ Miguel Cotto to put his title up @145lbs even though Cotto didn't want to. How does the contender make the champion put his title up at a catchweight when the contenders (Pacquiao) previous fight was at the Welterweight limit of 147lbs vs Oscar De La Hoya?

We all know of Oscar De La Hoyas last fight at 147lbs was vs Arturo Gatti in 2001. He was 145lbs vs Pacquiao, the last time Oscar De La Hoya was ever that low was in 1997 vs Miguel Angel Gonzalez & he was 140lbs.

With De La Hoya & Hatton he threatened to walk away over money issues. It was common knowledge amongst us followers of the sport that the negotiations between Pacquiao & Hatton were pretty difficult do in part to Pacquiao. Also Pacquiao was the challenger in that fight as well.

He made Antonio Margarito fight him for a VACANT 154lb title @150lbs.

He proposed a 10 Million dollar penalty for every pound Mayweather was over 147lbs within the contract for a proposed Mayweather-Pacquiao fight.

Now this could all be caused by more than just Pacquiao, it could be influenced by Roach, Koncz, Bob Arum & Top Rank but why don't more fans, writers, reporters & commentators speaking on things like this?

Lets not forget that he forced Ledwaba to fight on short notice. Lets not forget that he force Barrera to fight with a steel plate in his head, lets not forget that he forced Clottey to cover up most of the fight, lets not forget that he forced JMM 4 years to wait for a rematch lets not forget that he forced JMM to wait another 4 years and then have him move up 2 weight-classes for the trilogy. Lets not forget that he forced Oscar De la Hoya to fight at 147 we know how easy it is to force Oscar hand in doing stuff....Oh wait you mentioned this one my mistake.

Anyways...Why doesn't anyone bring this up? Why oh why? The media please do your job...

How did this average fighter who forces everyone to do stuff and goes on with this fake ass image gets away with damn near murder? Everybody should be shittin on this man...Bash him and bash him some more...What a garbage ass man Pac is.

I would love to say /thread. But, nah I rather see the bashing continue and see a fan base supposedly be owned.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Lets not forget that he forced Ledwaba to fight on short notice. Lets not forget that he force Barrera to fight with a steel plate in his head, lets not forget that he forced Clottey to cover up most of the fight, lets not forget that he forced JMM 4 years to wait for a rematch lets not forget that he forced JMM to wait another 4 years and then have him move up 2 weight-classes for the trilogy. Lets not forget that he forced Oscar De la Hoya to fight at 147 we know how easy it is to force Oscar hand in doing stuff....Oh wait you mentioned this one my mistake.

Anyways...Why doesn't anyone bring this up? Why oh why? The media please do your job...

How did this average fighter who forces everyone to do stuff and goes on with this fake ass image gets away with damn near murder? Everybody should be shittin on this man...Bash him and bash him some more...What a garbage ass man Pac is.

I would love to say /thread. But, nah I rather see the bashing continue and see a fan base supposedly be owned.
      wait so you reply with sarcasm in response to actual events that occurred?

Comment

so you are saying that all of the things I mentioned above are all false?

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
          wait so you reply with sarcasm in response to actual events that occurred?

My reply had actual events that occurred did it not?

Comment

Many fans see Manny Pacquiao as a kind, gentle, humble, respectful guy since his rise to the top of the boxing world when it comes to his affairs inside the squared circle. Yet many fans overlook a lot of things that he has done when it has come to having certain advantages over fighters.

He forced Eric Morales to fight at Super Featherweight even though he knew Morales had trouble making SFW and wanted to fight at Lightweight.

He forced the Welterweight champ Miguel Cotto to put his title up @145lbs even though Cotto didn't want to. How does the contender make the champion put his title up at a catchweight when the contenders (Pacquiao) previous fight was at the Welterweight limit of 147lbs vs Oscar De La Hoya?

We all know of Oscar De La Hoyas last fight at 147lbs was vs Arturo Gatti in 2001. He was 145lbs vs Pacquiao, the last time Oscar De La Hoya was ever that low was in 1997 vs Miguel Angel Gonzalez & he was 140lbs.

With De La Hoya & Hatton he threatened to walk away over money issues. It was common knowledge amongst us followers of the sport that the negotiations between Pacquiao & Hatton were pretty difficult do in part to Pacquiao. Also Pacquiao was the challenger in that fight as well.

He made Antonio Margarito fight him for a VACANT 154lb title @150lbs.

He proposed a 10 Million dollar penalty for every pound Mayweather was over 147lbs within the contract for a proposed Mayweather-Pacquiao fight.

Now this could all be caused by more than just Pacquiao, it could be influenced by Roach, Koncz, Bob Arum & Top Rank but why don't more fans, writers, reporters & commentators speaking on things like this?
            Terrible coulda said fuck you and fought someone else
            Cotto coulda said fuck you and fought someone else
            Oscar coulda said fuck you and fought someone else
            Hatton coulda said fuck you and fought someone else
            Tony coulda said fuck you and fought someone else
            Floyd ultimately did say fuck you and fought someone else
            Pac can't, and didn't "force" anyone to do a goddamn thing :laugh:

Comment

My reply had actual events that occurred did it not?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                Terrible coulda said fuck you and fought someone else
                Cotto coulda said fuck you and fought someone else
                Oscar coulda said fuck you and fought someone else
                Hatton coulda said fuck you and fought someone else
                Tony coulda said fuck you and fought someone else
                Pac can't, and didn't force anyone to do a goddamn thing
                I agree with all this Jack...

but if you are great, why the need for all the advantages? Thats my whole point.

He didn't put a gun to their heads,...Maybe Arum did though.

Comment

Comment

I agree with all this Jack...

but if you are great, why the need for all the advantages? Thats my whole point.

He didn't put a gun to their heads,...Maybe Arum did though.
                    Pac didn't become a LW until summer 2008
                    Terrible wanted a 3rd fight? had to be at 130
                    Oscar called out Pac at 147, he fought Forbes at 150 shortly before that
                    he was planning to rematch Floyd at 147 before Floyd "retired"
                    Oscar was supposed to fucking kill Pac at 147 :laugh:
                    Cotto said himself he had no problem making 145
                    he was 146 for Clottey right before that
                    he just said if it's 145, he shouldn't have to put up his belt
                    but the 145 itself was not an issue with him
                    the WBO forced Cotto into putting the title up, not Pac
                    Hatton? big stars tussle over money all the time, that's boxing
                    Pac isn't a JMW, hell he's not even really a WW
                    Tony had no problem whatsoever making 150
                    Tony at 150 gave Pac his toughest match since JMM 2
                    these " forced advantages" you're talking about are stupid Judy

Comment

Working...
                    X