Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Serious topic] Besides Pacquiao, who should Mayweather fight next at this point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he should fight a stay busy fight and then make the Pacquiao fight happen May time next year.

Only then should he start looking at options like Martinez, Khan, etc. By that time Khan and Bradley should have hopefully had a fight against a name at 147 (Berto or Ortiz preferrably or even Clottey)

Comment

In an ideal world it'd be Martinez at 154 lbs. But that fight is never gonna happen.

I'm happy with a Khan fight. He's better than any of the options at 147 lbs (excluding Pacquiao, of course.)

Comment

Martinez would be the toughest fight being a middleweight and all.

Khan probably makes the most sense, especially if Khan can look good in the mean time.

If Cotto wins and somehow manages to escape from Top Rank I could see that, I guess Margarito could do that also but I think Cotto doing it would be much more likely.
        Last edited by The Gambler1981; 09-21-2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Am I the only one who would love to see lamont peterson vs mayweather? All jokes aside, how do you guys fair peterson against him? I think if peterson being a good body puncher as' is, would attack the body more and then switch it up from time to time would be a definite great fight to watch. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Comment

Ideally I'd love to see him fight Martinez early next year. That would be fantastic.

He can win that fight and I think he knows it and knows what it would do for his legacy.

Although I would like to see him fight again this year in a legit fight because It would be pretty cool if Mayweather won fighter of the year this year and becoming the only fighter (to my memory) to win A fighter of the year award in 3 seperate decades.

But I can't see who he could fight in that time frame other than Bradley but he's with Top Rank or looks like it.

Erislandy Lara to warm up for Pac? (Again)
            Last edited by IronDanHamza; 09-21-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              Martinez would be the toughest fight being a middleweight and all.

Khan probably makes the most sense, especially if Khan can look good in the mean time.

If Cotto wins and somehow manages to escape from Top Rank I could see that, I guess Margarito could do that also but I think Cotto doing it would be much more likely.
              Cotto and Manny leave top rank then Khan aint getting floyd til 2013 if at all.

Comment

Khan won't be ready for atleast another year, and I'd expect that to happen after pac mayweather, serg beat both pac and mayweather so i don't expect either of them to fight him, too much money to be made in a pac vs may fight.

I'd say its cotto/margs winner.

Comment

I say Khan because he is a dangerous, young fighter that will be a great fighter, I also would say Sergio but Sergio is getting old I dont think ppl will give him as much credit for beating Sergio then Khan, but if he beats both and never faces Manny I will be ok with Mayweathers Career.

Comment

Working...
                  X