No announcement yet.

If GSP vs Silva ever happened, GSP would win via 5 round LnP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If GSP vs Silva ever happened, GSP would win via 5 round LnP

That's just how I see this fight playing out. Anderson's always been susceptible to wrestlers. Normally he makes adjustments and finds a way to win, but wrestlers are his cryptonite.

If this fight ever happens, I know Anderson would have his moments and stun GSP, but I think GSP's standup is good enough to get him close and get him the takedowns and keep Anderson on his back for the rest of the round earning him a tough UD.

Thoughts?

its a great match, but i dont see GSP taking Silva down, i see Silva much quicker then GSP i think Silva will rise to the moment n ko GSP

Comment

The problem is that's the only way GSP can win, while Anderson can win a fight in many different ways if he just finds one quick opening and works from there(it goes and ends very fast after that). I don't see him avoiding this for 25 minutes, I don't see him doing any damage to Silva to slow him down, I don't see him overcoming the mental, size and striking disadvantages.
      GSP would just be another one of many Silva highlights.

Comment

GSP will make the slightest mistake and get finished.

Anderson is simply a high precision weapon and will finish at the slightest of windows.

GSP does a lunge jab and eats a fist or kick and gets finished. or gets newton'd. either way the SRR of mma wins.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          GSP will make the slightest mistake and get finished.

Anderson is simply a high precision weapon and will finish at the slightest of windows.

GSP does a lunge jab and eats a fist or kick and gets finished. or gets newton'd. either way the SRR of mma wins.
          I am not an MMA fan but I feel exactly the way you do about this kid.

He looks like RJ in his prime, nearly unstoppable.

Comment

I've always said that Silva's weaknesses play right into GSP's strengths. GSP is the best wrestler in MMA and a Renzo Black Belt to boot. His only chance would be to LNP....

Comment

I think Silva catches him with something. . . GSP has never seen anything close to the striking of a guy like Silva. . Not to mention the size difference - while GSP would probably still be physically stronger of the two, it wouldn't be the strength difference he's used to.

Silva catches him with a nasty knee, or up kick or something, and GSP would be helpless to the onslaught. . . Matt Serra aired his ass out. . .

Comment

GSP's wrestling is definitely the key to beating Anderson if they ever do fight, but I think it's his ability to transition from striking to grappling that'll allow him to get those takedowns. GSP's not like Sonnen where he'll just rush in and fire off a power double on you, he's great at using his striking to create an opening, which of course against Silva could end up being bad. But I think his ability to mix his striking and wrestling is what would win the fight. Silva's tricky off his back, but I think it's safe to say that GSP is smart enough and has a god enough grappling game to keep himself from getting submitted. Still, tough fight either way. Silva's the much bigger, and probably, stronger guy, so it would be interesting. Not to mention, if GSP rushes in, he could eat a hard shot.

Comment

What does SMH mean? Anyway, yeah, I see the only way GSP wins is by decision as well and now that he's older, it could be a little better match up for him. But Anderson has the best technical striking this sport has seen in it's short history and while he's not usually a one shot KO guy, if he catches someone, they're usually done because he's also one of the best finishers in the sport and Silva knows how to follow up when he catches someone.

Silva's finishes are usually pretty exciting too. But didn't Dana White actually say once or twice after he didn't like Silva's effort in a couple of title defenses and that he would even consider stripping him of the title? I forgot which fight(s) this was after, maybe the Cote one, possibly also the Leites and Maia defenses? Kind of a douchey thing to say IMO when the guy's given him mostly great fights and made the UFC a lot of money with his main events over the years. What's funny is now he praises Silva, like he never even said that crap in the past.

Speaking of GSP, while Silva is probably near retirement at 37 now, a couple of years older than Mayweather, GSP is only 31. So shouldn't he be the guy to challenge fighters at a different weight class now too, since he's cleared out the division at welterweight? And if a guy moves up, is he allowed to still keep his belt or would he have to vacate the title? Is a fighter allowed to defend two titles?

Oh yeah and left to the liver, I often hear the same stuff too. MMA fans say boxing is dead, boxing fans say MMA is a fad and gay. It's annoying sometimes. Like a fad would last 20 years, which the UFC will have done by next year now. And at least the UFC is shown on a major network, which boxing no longer is. My point there is both sides are wrong and kind of closed minded.
                  Last edited by Anthony342; 10-14-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Anderson is too big and too skilled. GSP is one of my fav MMA fighters but honestly he can't hang with Silva. Plain and simple, it will be a beat down.

Comment

Working...
                    X