Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe Mayweather could have KO Pacquaio like Marquez did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually more intrigued by Pacquiao vs Mayweather post Marquez KO than pre-KO. Overall I thought Pacquiao, after his fourth try at least, did a better job at fighting Marquez than Mayweather did. Then did the KO happened. But I don't expect Mayweather to KO Pac. He'll definitely fight a safer fight than Marquez.

Comment

in all honesty he would have toyed with him for 12 rounds

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

No version of Pacquiao could have ever beaten this version of Mayweather. The talent gap is so apparent. Prime blood doped Manny could maybe take 3-4 rounds from THIS version of Mayweather. He would eat right hand after right hand, Pac is so ugly to begin with he might come out of the fight prettier. Manny uses the same combination over and over and dives in with his hands down. Take away Manny's raw speed and you have a mediocre gatekeeper at best. Manny's physical attributes are failing, he is as jacked up on EPO as ever. The wars he has been in, his style of fighting...Manny is 100% finished. He is going the Barrera/Morales route or even worse the RJJ route. He needs to hang them up immediately or he will **** his legacy over badly.

Comment

I think Floyd could have dropped Pacquiao like Marquez did in the third round, Floyd loves throwing that looping right hand once and a while. He landed it on Cotto a few times he likes getting it through the side of your gloves when you cover up so he lands on the base of your jaw near your ear.

I don't know about knocked him out though, I think Floyd would have been to afraid to trade with Pacman, Marquez knocked Pac out because he isn't scared to trade and take a chance. Floyd would most likely pot shot Pac he would fight a similar fight that he did against Oscar De La Hoya.

Comment

I highly doubt it.

He would have given him the schooling of his lifetime however, 12-0 on all cards. So a frustrated Pacquiao desparately looking for a KO and getting wild may have been susceptible to getting dropped in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              Probably not
              However, he would have gave him a boxing lesson of a lifetime, an ass whipping so severe that Pacquiao probably wouldn't answer the 3rd round bell.
              .... and then you woke up! lol!

Comment

Marquez takes more risks than Floyd. So its less likely but it sure helps to have a video now of how you may have a chance of doing it.

With that KO punch, if Manny faked throwing his jab and came in with his left, it could have been Marquez KOed. It was risky business and Marquez was willing to take the risk so that he had the chance for that big reward. Floyd is health first!

Comment

Mannys style is perfect for Floyd , no doubt Floyd would T off him all night and Manny would be stopped around 10 , maybe not as dramatic but he would stop him , be Hatton all over again with Manny jumping in like he always does .

Comment

Floyd would've ended it the way he ended it against Ricky Hatton, but in the 12th round to punctuate an epic performance. He wouldn't have made Pac hit a corner post, but it would've ended with the ref's full count or possibly a corner rescue towel.

Floyd would've called it a day and retired after that.

Comment

Look at how Pacquiao times his left hand, he drops it the exact moment he is about to get hit. Such timing such brilliance!

Floyd would have murdered Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                      X