Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Spots Up The ATG Would Wins over Cotto and Tony Have Moved Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Spots Up The ATG Would Wins over Cotto and Tony Have Moved Floyd?

Let's say Arum and Floyd worked out his contract extension in 2005/06 and Floyd signed on to fight Margarito, and then Cotto once Cotto beat Mosley.

- Let's say for discussion's sake Floyd is a top 40 ATG. How many spots does beating those two move him, if at all?

Top 30
    16.00%
    Top 20
    12.00%
    Top 10
    24.00%
    None
    48.00%
    Last edited by GoldenAssassin; 01-18-2013, 05:05 PM.

That timeframe was the saddest in Floyd's career. oh well

Comment

top 30 maybe. He'd get a LOT more respect, and be treated less of a joke "P4P King" if he took those risks. His career looks very finely picked out, and it's not only hardcore boxing fans that notice it either.

I think his evasion of Pacquiao was his biggest downfall. People would give him the benefit of the doubt over Pac if he had faced Prime Cotto, Mosely, and actually faced Margarito.

Comment

How would Floyd have faced prime Mosley. Mosley turned the fight down on live TV when there were talks in 2006.

Comment

Floyds haters would never give him credit. They base everything on a fighters attitude and personality.

Comment

They wouldve simply said he wouldve been ducking other fighters. Hell I remember when he was ducking Cory Spinks, Vivian Harris and Karmazin. Never fails on this site.

He would be no higher than he is now had he beat Cotto and Margarito around 07-08.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
              Floyds haters would never give him credit. They base everything on a fighters attitude and personality.
              Idgaf about his personality, attitude, etc. matter of fact, I think Floyd is an excellent boxer and I luv watching him fight. Ive also said that his toughness is underrated. Basically, Floyd is as a complete a fighter we've ever seen. My beef wifh him is that he didnt fight vs the best fighters available after Gatti (or JLC). His fkn retirement hurt his legacy whether F L O M O S want to admit it or not. The fact that this thread exists, proves just that.

Comment

I mean guys like Kev like to say that Cotto was rated number at 154 when Floyd beat him. But that was after Cotto had looked like balls vs Clottey, PAC, and Margarito and a weight class above his best weight. You mean to tell me that 07-08 prime undefeated Cotto wouldn't have been a better win? It wouldve been his best win since Castillo!!

Fwiw, Floyd's best win is still Castillo. That was ten years ago. Absolutely fkn ridiculous.

Comment

Those wins wouldn't have changed much on his resume. Good wins nothing special and not even better than his wins over corralles or Castillo.

Comment

A win over an undefeated Cotto at WW would have done wonders for Floyd's resume. Tony wouldn't have done **** because everyone would have said he fought Zab and didn't fight the guy that beat him, Baldomir.
                    Last edited by SkillspayBills; 01-18-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X