Current Wladimir vs the Best Version of Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Wladimir vs the Best Version of Mike Tyson

Very interesting fight.
    Wlad's boxing skills, technique,size,and single punch power vs Tyson's unique style of bob/weave, peekaboo defense, explosive multi punch power, chin, and pressure.

I am not so sure who will win but I do like to point out one thing. Most of the posts that I read on the two major boxing sites that support Wlad against Tyson will usually outline a 'game plan' for Wlad which if implemented will actually make Wladimir lose the majority of rounds.

The basis of the Pro-Wlad posters usually outline the fact that Tyson 'struggled' with tall guys and Wlad can lean on him, jab him, and impose his superior size to fight a cautious battle, with the occasional 'right hand' and wear Tyson down into the later stages.

1- Tyson didn't 'struggle' with tall guys, the tall guys fought ultra defensively and lost every single round.

2- Wlad can impose this stragety and will basically lose 8 out of 12 rounds. He's better than the likes of BoneCrusher and Tucker, so he will win a couple more rounds. But if Wlad want to beat Tyson, he will have to open up and be aggressive, which leads to counter punching and leaving himself open as well.

Wladimir does hold his hands down and is very vulnerable to counter punches even today. His inability to fight inside will also hold him back.

A reason I like Prime Lewis against Prime Tyson (just barely) is Lennox's good inside fighting. His various body combinations and upper cuts will be fantastic against someone of Tyson's style. Wlad doesn't do that, he just boxes you from the outside.

Sooner or later, Tyson will get inside on Wlad and a left hook or a body combination will land on Wlad.

Still, tough fight to call.
    Tyson
    78.22%
    Wlad
    21.78%

Difficult to call.

If Tyson could get inside and work the body or hit Wladimir's chin it'd be game over.

But, if Wlad could keep him at range and pepper him with the jab and right hand, it'd slow Tyson down and would probably lead to a late KO/UD.

Comment

I've addressed similar topics several times over the years. Suffice it to say that I believe Mike Tyson, at his very best, was capable of beating any heavyweight that ever walked the face of the earth.
      Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 11-17-2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Any version of Wlad would not remember what happpened after he fought Mike Tyson.

Comment

Prime Tyson by KO

Tyson had too many facets to his game, Wlad's lack of experiance against anyone even remotley close to Tysons level of skill would be his downfall.

Comment

Tyson would be Wlad's worse nightmare, someone that isn't going to stand on the end of the jab and then cooperate with his bs holding. Wlad would get roughed up and stopped.

Comment

Tyson would be all over him and Wlad would fold. Wlad is good, but he doesn't beat everyone.

Comment

It'll be similar to Vitali vs Arreola BUT if Tyson gets on the inside Wlad could be in a world of hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  It'll be similar to Vitali vs Arreola BUT if Tyson gets on the inside Wlad could be in a world of hurt.
                  LOL, I agree; but liking Arreola to Tyson is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X