Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa vs Martinez in The Works For a February Clash?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gamboa vs Martinez in The Works For a February Clash?

Talks of a January 28th showdown between WBA lightweight champion Brandon Rios and former featherweight champion Yuriorkis Gamboa have recently surfaced on various media outlets. [Click Here To Read More]

Gamboa should beat him by late TKO or UD

Comment

Solid action fight... Good to see Gamboa against a strong 130 pounder. Martinez has some similarities to Rios, not too many fights can prepare him for a Rios fight better than this one (even though Rios is better almost across the board). I expect Gamboa to dominate though.

Won't believe the Rios fight until I see it either. Would be a great fight

Comment

not a bad backup plan i say go for it and then rios in the summer, you just cant jump 2 weigh divisions and expect to be untouched like a god

Comment

Hope rios dont get cut.

Comment

Gamboa KO within 10 Martinez is gonna come to fight and thats gonna play into Gamboas style perfectly. Gamboa is definitely going to have the speed advantage, and hell be stronger 130 from not having to cut so much weight so I think he will wear Roman down eventually and grab a good win on his resume. Gamboa proved himself at featherweight, id like to see him fight for a title at 130 before jumping to 135 to become a three division cuban champion, I know he could do it to. I doubt Rios-Gamboa happens, Rios isnt going to stay at lightweight much longer he looks huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
              not a bad backup plan i say go for it and then rios in the summer, you just cant jump 2 weigh divisions and expect to be untouched like a god
              I know, it sounds nuts. But I have to admit, it's a pretty damned exciting prospect. I would also rather see Yuri fight a solid opponent at 130 first, before moving on to Rios. Whatever happens, things are heating up and I'm loving it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                Gamboa KO within 10 Martinez is gonna come to fight and thats gonna play into Gamboas style perfectly. Gamboa is definitely going to have the speed advantage, and hell be stronger 130 from not having to cut so much weight so I think he will wear Roman down eventually and grab a good win on his resume. Gamboa proved himself at featherweight, id like to see him fight for a title at 130 before jumping to 135 to become a three division cuban champion, I know he could do it to. I doubt Rios-Gamboa happens, Rios isnt going to stay at lightweight much longer he looks huge.
                Rios definitely wants to move up soon, but every indication is that Brandon will wait for Gamboa at 135. Looks like "Bam Bam" wants the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  Solid action fight... Good to see Gamboa against a strong 130 pounder. Martinez has some similarities to Rios, not too many fights can prepare him for a Rios fight better than this one (even though Rios is better almost across the board). I expect Gamboa to dominate though.

Won't believe the Rios fight until I see it either. Would be a great fight
                  i agree vato

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Rios definitely wants to move up soon, but every indication is that Brandon will wait for Gamboa at 135. Looks like "Bam Bam" wants the fight.
                    Oh he wants it alright.

Comment

Working...
                    X