Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name fighters that fought purely for money (ie. they hated boxing)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name fighters that fought purely for money (ie. they hated boxing)

Let's name em'

The Spinks brothers
    Jermain Taylor

Chris Eubank

Comment

Taylor hates boxing? I do remember him saying he doesn't watch boxing much to begin with.

Comment

gary lockett

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Clottey View Post
          Taylor hates boxing? I do remember him saying he doesn't watch boxing much to begin with.
          Yeah he only fights for the money. I think they stated this in the Taylor-Wright pre-fight.

Comment

any fat journeyman with a losing record that has no problem taking fights on a days notice...those are the guys that are purely after the money

Comment

Ray Robinson didn't like fighting, he gave it up to pursue a career as a dancer but returned for the money I believe.

Comment

Taylor has said he likes to box, but isn't a huge fan of the sport, if that makes sense... he wants to do it, not watch it so much.

So yeah, he obviously fights for money (his statement after the Spinks fight made that obvious -- "I'll fight the best fight for the most money") but he doesn't HATE boxing.

Comment

ALL OF THEM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo Boy View Post
                    Ray Robinson didn't like fighting, he gave it up to pursue a career as a dancer but returned for the money I believe.
                    Yes, Sugar Ray Robinson has been quoted saying that he hated boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X