No announcement yet.

Should we forget about Andre Dirrell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we forget about Andre Dirrell?

First off let me say i'm a huge fan of Dirrell and I think he's the most talented and athletic 168 pounder.

But in the past 4 years, since 2009, he's fought twice, and one of them was a 2nd round knockout, so he hasn't gotten very much ring time in at all.

He just turned 30 years old. Is it too late or can he make a big splash and conquer 168?

Andre Dirrell, albeit a good boxer, is an idiot. He faked a head injury, which was not beneficial to him because he wasted valuable prime months sitting on the sidelines when he was never really injured, he burned his bridges with Showtime and left a sour taste in the mouth of many fans such as myself who are condemning him for his cowardice.

I'm no manager but what he should have done was grew a pair, fought Ward (I know they're great friends but its the sport) and beat him like I predicted, then fought whoever else in the S6. Then chased Bute and cleaned out 168. He certainly has the tools to do it.

But now he's inactive, in the shadows, locked up in promotion issues and the rest of the fighters at 168 who years ago I said Andre would whoop has improved and would give him a much tougher fight.

Discuss.

yup i consider him retired

Comment

Andre Dirrell is a former boxer.

Comment

Andre dirrell is a dog walker, I hear his rates are competitively priced

Comment

he deffo wasted allot of time, but noway he beats or would have beat ward. dudes balance is way off . he literally runs straight back when someone chases him.

Comment

Yes, I think we should forget him. What a waste of talent he would basically have to restart his entire career and is totally off the radar now.

Comment

If he isn't extremely active over the next year, proving he still has it, then we should forget him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Yes, I think we should forget him. What a waste of talent he would basically have to restart his entire career and is totally off the radar now.
                It's a shame.

The guy's combinations, speed, and movement are outta this world.

And he's just sitting. Sitting doing nothing.

I don't get it.

Comment

I wrote him off a few years ago

Comment

He's better off than some active guys like Kelly Pavlik, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr[minus the popularity, I mean skillwise], Lucian Bute, etc.

Andre Dirrell is talked about a lot for an inactive fighter. Reminds me of Mayweather in 2008. 1,000 threads about why Mayweather isn't relevant and how he needs to fight again to be an ATG.

Comment

Working...
                    X