This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    It was a fluke that he fought Vitali since he was a late sub for Kirk Johnson. Lewis didn't see any value in a Byrd fight, and didn't want to do business with Don King. But he did drop the IBF title to avoid his mandatory.

Lewis 'had to fight Vitali' because Vitali paid Kirk Johnson off, Vitali was 100% prepared to fight Lennox, Lennox meanwhile was training for Kirk Johnson by apparently eating his way up to 260 pounds. I LOVE IT HOW you phrased it like 'it was a fluke he had to fight Vitali, ya if by 'fluke' you mean scum bag Vitali paid off Johnson to take advantage of a old man like Lennox.
    Last edited by JAB5239; 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Looking back, it was impressive Byrd did what he did as a heavyweight even though he was a cruiserweight. Most guys in his situation would bulk up and become a heavyweight. Byrd didn't and even though he had a big disadvantage, did pretty well as a heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
        Looking back, it was impressive Byrd did what he did as a heavyweight even though he was a cruiserweight
        . Most guys in his situation would bulk up and become a heavyweight. Byrd didn't and even though he had a big disadvantage, did pretty well as a heavyweight.
        Not even a Cruiserweight.

He competed in the '92 Olympics @ Middleweight and weighed in at 168 in his professional debut. He had a natural Middleweight/Light-Heavyweight build & physical dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
          You are gross you know that. Every post I read from you give me more insight into the head of a Klittard and it's wonderful study for my University Psyche class.
          Lewis 'had to fight Vitali' because Vitali paid Kirk Johnson off, Vitali was 100% prepared to fight Lennox, Lennox meanwhile was training for Kirk Johnson by apparently eating his way up to 260 pounds. I LOVE IT HOW you phrased it like 'it was a fluke he had to fight Vitali, ya if by 'fluke' you mean scum bag Vitali paid off Johnson to take advantage of a old man like Lennox.
          I'm sure you can supply evidence of this alleged payoff. If not then it is just bull**** that you've made up. University Psyche class...

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
            [/font][/b][/i]Chris Byrd is nobody to "duck". Byrd offers little to nothing to Lewis or anybody else's resume or legacy. Unless you have an UNAVENGED and disgraceful loss to him of course.
            Byrd was the mandatory IBF contender. So he was nobody to duck, if you wanted to keep your title. So finally we do have a post here disrespecting Chris Byrd, who had earned that spot. Good luck with your transparent agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
              Not even a Cruiserweight.

He competed in the '92 Olympics @ Middleweight and weighed in at 168 in his professional debut. He had a natural Middleweight/Light-Heavyweight build & physical dimensions.
              So basically what you are saying is a former Middleweight made Vitali quit?

Comment

Can someone explain to me because I'm a new boxing fan and all why Vitali fought Purrity and Sanders who Wlad lost to and Wlad fought Chris Byrd who Vitali lost to?

The reason I ask is that I feel Chris Byrd might have gotten another win over Vitali. Like other posters said, maybe not 9-3 like I previous boasted. Maybe not that. But I can definitely definitely see Byrd winning a 7-5 type of fight.
                This was the biggest fight to be made for Vitali, everyone wanted to see it, everyone.

The crowd was chanting

BYRD BYRD BYRD BYRD BYRD BYRD GO GO GO CHRIS BYRD BYRD BYRD WE LOVE YOU BYRD BYRD BYRD.

They were chanting that non stop in Germany and Vitali was begging them to stop chanting ,but they wont listen. THEY LOVED BYRD, they wanted to see him fight Vitali again.

Comment

[QUOTE=FightScorer;12772277]Can someone explain to me because I'm a new boxing fan and all why Vitali fought Purrity and Sanders who Wlad lost to and Wlad fought Chris Byrd who Vitali lost to?

The reason I ask is that I feel Chris Byrd might have gotten another win over Vitali. Like other posters said, maybe not 9-3 like I previous boasted. Maybe not that. But I can definitely definitely see Byrd winning a 7-5 type of fight.
                  This was the biggest fight to be made for Vitali, everyone wanted to see it, everyone.

The crowd was chanting

BYRD BYRD BYRD BYRD BYRD BYRD GO GO GO CHRIS BYRD BYRD BYRD WE LOVE YOU BYRD BYRD BYRD.

They were chanting that non stop in Germany and Vitali was begging them to stop chanting ,but they wont listen. THEY LOVED BYRD, they wanted to see him fight Vitali again.[/
                  QUOTE]

Lets leave out the obvious lies. The crowd cheered for him, thats it. This is the history section, not NSB or ESB....KEEP IT REAL.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Byrd was the mandatory IBF contender. So he was nobody to duck, if you wanted to keep your title. So finally we do have a post here disrespecting Chris Byrd, who had earned that spot. Good luck with your transparent agenda.
                    It actually does the sport a service when star boxers disregard worthless ABC trinkets & BS mandatories to take on more viable opponents. Floyd Mayweather for instance, had the right idea by failing to acknowledge the worth of Mosley's ABC trinket in their fight and had an oppurtunity to set a new precedent in the sport, but then he went backwards by accepting the belts in his fights with Ortiz & Cotto.

Whether Lennox Lewis held the IBF trinket or not, he was recognized by EVERYBODY as the legitimate, lineal, undisputed Heavyweight champ.

You can't claim he's "ducking" Byrd if he's going after more viable opponents from both a financial & professional standpoint, like the Klits & Roy Jones. Although Byrd would've been a better fight than that Mike Tyson rematch he was lobbying for. Just wouldn't have been better for Lewis' pocketbook... remember...the name of the game is PRIZEFIGHTING.

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
                    So basically what you are saying is a former Middleweight made Vitali quit?
                    Eggzackly.

Byrd doesn't get nearly enough credit for the brilliant performance he put on that night. A fawkin' MIDDLEWEIGHT standing infront of a big giant super-heavyweight all night, outboxing him, outfighting him, tearing down his will (along with his rotator cuff & whatever respectable legacy he COULD'VE had ) Byrd LITERALLY broke him down limb by limb... all on 10 days notice... it was an absolutely marvelous performance. And all in the name of nutthuggery, the win has to be discredited and we have to pretend that it should be wiped away from the record books.
                    Last edited by ArtThouFurious?; 12-05-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

[quote=JAB5239;12772474]
                      Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
                      Can someone explain to me because I'm a new boxing fan and all why Vitali fought Purrity and Sanders who Wlad lost to and Wlad fought Chris Byrd who Vitali lost to?

The crowd was chanting

They were chanting that non stop in Germany and Vitali was begging them to stop chanting ,but they wont listen. THEY LOVED BYRD, they wanted to see him fight Vitali again.[/QUOTE]

Lets leave out the obvious lies. The crowd cheered for him, thats it. This is the history section, not NSB or ESB....KEEP IT REAL.
                      The only word for it is trolling. Just like the other guy who claimed that Vitali paid Kirk Johnson to back out of the Lewis fight. An outrageous lie that only serves as bait.

Comment

Working...
                      X