Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing's New Generation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stars are made, fighters are born. There will always be stars in the near future, stupid thread.

I remember when they said the same thing when Tyson, DLH and Leonard retired, that there were no more stars. Then Pac and Floyd came a long.

We have plenty of great fighters out there with star potential, Victor Ortiz, Bam Bam Rios, Canelo and many young guys who can be something great in the near future like Jesse Vargas, Garry Russell Jr, Jose Benavidez Jr., there's a ton out there.

Boxing will never die and stars will always arise, it just always comes from places you least expect it.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
      Austin Trout
      Jose Benavides
      Brad Solomon
      Mikey Garcia
      Ismayll Sillakh
      They're prospects, but it takes more than just having skills to have a Pac/May following....

They have to stand for something, have personality, or create controversy... Pre/post fight interviews hold a lot more weight than some people realize..

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        Stars are made, fighters are born. There will always be stars in the near future, stupid thread.

I remember when they said the same thing when Tyson, DLH and Leonard retired, that there were no more stars. Then Pac and Floyd came a long.

We have plenty of great fighters out there with star potential, Victor Ortiz, Bam Bam Rios, Canelo and many young guys who can be something great in the near future like Jesse Vargas, Garry Russell Jr, Jose Benavidez Jr., there's a ton out there.

Boxing will never die and stars will always arise, it just always comes from places you least expect it.
        I wouldn't call it a stupid thread as you put it.... It's a valid point IMO. Especially with the rise of MMA... Personally, I'm a boxing fan before MMA. But, we'll see.

Comment

Once Canelo is speaking English and on regular USA TV he will be the star if he keeps progressing like he is.

Young, Good looking, can fight, ginger Mexican, backed by Oscar & GBP and the whole of Mexico....the kid has all the ingredients to be the next star.

Just gotta teach that kid English for the Western media and once they can all communicate with him on TV shows and magazines he will smash it if he keeps going like he is.

Maybe Khan too if his chin doesn't let him down again...Like Canelo he has a lot of strong ingredients that could make him a star for the media.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            I wouldn't call it a stupid thread as you put it.... It's a valid point IMO. Especially with the rise of MMA... Personally, I'm a boxing fan before MMA. But, we'll see.
            Listen stop trolling and talking about MMA. Who the fuk cares about MMA? Boxing is boxing and MMA is MMA, they are apples and oranges. Nothing to do with each other and MMA isn't taking fans from boxing.

Since the early 1900's people like you have been saying boxing is dead and will die and it has no stars and what is going to happen...blah, blah, blah...

What happens then? DLH, Floyd, Manny and the same **** is going to happen in the near future. Once those guys retire, new stars will arise, it will always happen.

Boxing PPV's are still doing bigger numbers than MMA cards individually, so who are these people paying for boxing? hahahah

As long as there are countries like Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Argentina, the Philippines there will be boxing, relax yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              After Mayweather and Pac leave, who will carry the reigns and keep boxing interesting?

Off the top of my head, there's a few fighters like Bam Bam Rios (I'm not a fan of his) and maybe Andre Ward. Ward's got a decent following in Oakland. Not to mention he has an olympic story behind him... Besides that, I think boxing will be hurting once Pac and May leaves....

Just look at this forum, all topics are built around those 2...
              bam bam will be another vargas. he won't be super star status. ward's style sucks... he'll never gain superstar status.

The only real superstars are nonito (cuz of the pinooys) and khan (cuz of the brits and pakis) and possibly ortiz (cuz of the mexicans) if he beats wifebeater.

Comment

Listen stop trolling and talking about MMA. Who the fuk cares about MMA? Boxing is boxing and MMA is MMA, they are apples and oranges. Nothing to do with each other and MMA isn't taking fans from boxing.

Since the early 1900's people like you have been saying boxing is dead and will die and it has no stars and what is going to happen...blah, blah, blah...

What happens then? DLH, Floyd, Manny and the same **** is going to happen in the near future. Once those guys retire, new stars will arise, it will always happen.

Boxing PPV's are still doing bigger numbers than MMA cards individually, so who are these people paying for boxing? hahahah

As long as there are countries like Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Argentina, the Philippines there will be boxing, relax yourself.

Who the **** is trolling? won't you shut the **** up and suck dick....

This thread isn't even about MMA dummy... I'm just sick of talking about Mayweather/Pac all day and am just trying to talk about new rising stars... You got a ****ing problem with that you little punk?

Anyway, on to the next

Comment

FYI, I know they're two different fan bases, that's why I labeled the thread about Boxing, you idiot. I know boxing is here to stay, I just want to know who will be the next May/Pac/ or ODLH, that's all.... I don't assume anything as to what you're doing. You never know..

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    Gary Russell Jr

Frankie Gomez

Mikey Garcia
                    no

just

no

for so many different reasons

Comment

Nice post.

I enjoyed the read.

Gary Russell jr, Nonito Donaire, Canelo Alvarez, Andre Ward, Chad Dawson ... there will always be stars.

And boxing will live on like it always has.

Comment

Working...
                      X