No announcement yet.

Does a sauna suit help?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a sauna suit help?

I want to drop as much weight as possible, and I weigh about 190 lbs.

The reason of my wanting to drop weight is for more competition.

Currently at my high school, their boxing club has a few people around my weight, but those guys pose no competition and downright suck, no offense to them.

So my question is, would wearing a sauna suit while running/working out help me lose weight?

Of course it would... what a dumb question! LOL!

It'll drain you of water weight.

Anyways, im surprised you have highschool boxing. What country do you live in?...

I wish they had it at my school when I was younger...but they didn't! Those daft ****s!! >=|

Comment

Yes it works.

Comment

http://www.grapplearts.com/How-to-Cut-Weight.html

Comment

yoyo

i got one of those. everlast sauna suits.
          i never use the bottoms cuz the tops more then enough.
          it makes u sweat a lotttttttttttt. it is ****ed after like 15-20 minutes of shadowboxing with one of those on, itll fill up with ur sweat n u literally have to shake the sweat out and ****...

its good to get a good sweat. but it has bad parts too..
          for example the nextday after using a sauna suit, u will feel DRIEDDDDDD OUT. u will not perform well in training / not even train cuz ur body will be dead.
          but it also depends on how much water u restore to ur body
          cuz sauna's and sauna suits only drain water weight, which can be put right back on with drinking water or fluids. so really its not good for losing perminent weight

if u wanna lose weight and keep it gone. i suggest many rounds of skipping ,many nights of long runs. hit the heavybag for 10 rounds..
          anything that will make u sweat NATURALLY.

good luck

Comment

two words. **** yes

Comment

So basically, the sauna suit is just to lose quick water weight?

Comment

if you are so good at the top of your game as you claim to be then why fight at the school,go fight in tournaments that are put on every week in some place or another

Comment

Originally posted by "Shion" View Post
                  Yes. Sauna suits should really only be used to cut the last few pounds.

Right now start by cleaning up your diet. And when I say clean up that doesn't mean eat nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by "Shion" View Post
                    Yup. Just makes you sweat alot. You'll still see people, even top pros wearing them during their normal training but there's really no point. They for losing water weight before weigh ins, then you weigh in and eat and drink to restore your weight before competition.

The more time you have between weigh ins and the fight, the more weight you can lose. Professionals that have 24 hours between weigh ins and their fight will lose as much as 15-20 pounds. In the amateurs where you only have a couple hours usually, it's really only good for a couple pounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X