Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can Marquez do to surpass Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can Marquez do to surpass Chavez?

Chavez is clearly the greatest Mexican fighter of all time, but Marquez is up there too along with Sanchez, Barrera, and Morales. But those 3 names are pretty much done, while Marquez is still active.

Do you think Juan can still surpass Chavez as the best Mexican fighter ever? If so, what should he do? face Floyd again? unify the 140 lbs division?

Last edited by MexicanMauler; 12-10-2012, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I can't speak on this because I'm not Mexican but I was wondering the same thing. Where would Mexican fans place Marquez now as top 5 Mexican ATGs?

Comment

I personally don't think that he can surpass Chavez because Chavez at one point was 90-0 or something crazy like that.

I understand he fought a ton of guys that weren't good but he also beat everyone in front of him that was good. JMM hasn't done that, he's had some early losses and he has blossomed late.

JMM is definitely one of the greatest Mexican fighters of all time though, no doubt but I think what Chavez has done is out of reach.

Comment

If he took bradleys strap and beat floyd mayweather i think the would be equal to chavez accomplishments

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            I personally don't think that he can surpass Chavez because Chavez at one point was 90-0 or something crazy like that.

I understand he fought a ton of guys that weren't good but he also beat everyone in front of him that was good. JMM hasn't done that, he's had some early losses and he has blossomed late.

JMM is definitely one of the greatest Mexican fighters of all time though, no doubt but I think what Chavez has done is out of reach.
            And you also said the right handed he knocked out Pacquaio with wasn't something he practiced or planned...

Comment

if he beats Floyd to become the lineal WW champ @ 40 in his 5th weight class... that surpasses chavez

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Like Pernell Whitaker? Oh... wait...

Comment

Both him & Morales have already long passed up Chavez... Who's resume is about 85% tomato can.

Comment

If he beat Mayweather he's there especially if he KTFO Floyd like he did Manny. But that's a lot to ask.

Comment

Working...
                    X