No announcement yet.

Hopkins-Calzaghe - who won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins-Calzaghe - who won?

Personally, I thought Hopkins controlled Calzaghe for most parts of their fight. Calzaghe came on late but if boxing is scored on clean punching and effective aggression, Hopkins didn't lose that fight. I also felt he made Calzaghe look terrible at times. Who did you have winning?

This has been done to death. Calzaghe clearly won.

Comment

I'd say Calzaghe came out of Hopkins spoiltactics on the better end. Very close though. The later rounds when Hopkins gassed, Joe went to town.

Comment

Calzaghe landed more punches on B-Hop than any other fighter. It was a close fight and it's not like Calzaghe got a home town decision. For me he won that fight on workrate alone.

Leave the past in the past or use the search function to look at the relavent threads on this fight since opinions are to this day so divided on the matter.

Comment

Nobody won that fight well their bank accounts did win.

Comment

Hopkins won by 2 rounds at least..

Comment

7.00 mark

Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

Calzaghe clearly won? So why did the BritishBroadcastingCorporation - who reported on the fight live - have Hopkins edging it?

Comment

Whoever the judges decide is the winner is the winner. Dont matter what BH fans or JC fans say.

If you cant accept the decision of the judges well boxing has no future.

Comment

Enzo Calzaghe was instructing Calzaghe in the championship rounds to go for the KO, he was telling his son he was losing and that he needed to stop Hopkins to win! Hopkins' corner were telling their man he's winning. I had Hopkins up by a few rounds. If Calzaghe landed all those punches why didn't B-Hop have a single mark on him? Hmm.

Comment

Working...
                    X