No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ioka Could Be Walking Away From Roman Gonzalez Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ioka Could Be Walking Away From Roman Gonzalez Shot

WBA "regular" junior flyweight champion Kazuto Ioka could be backing away from a mandatory fight with the WBA's "super champion" Román "Chocolatito" Gonzalez. The World Boxing Association ordered a purse bid on February 18th.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Prodesa, along with co-promoter Akihiko Honda, offered a purse of $125,000 to the representatives of Ioka to organize the fight Gonzalez and avoid the purse bid.

[Click Here To Read More]

Forget Ioka and fight Viloria which was supposed to be next anyway.

Comment

Very saddened by this but as long as the Viloria fight happens its all good.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I want to say i'm mad.... but kid's in his early 20's with 12 fights.
        I wanted the fight though.
        Hopefully him and Viloria get it on

Comment

honestly good choice because its wayyyyy to early for ioka to fight someone like gonzalez. By the way im a big fan of Ioka and i would choose ioka over gonzalez if they fought but too early for him. 23 yrs old and only 11 fights? too little experience

Comment

Posted about this earlier. Ioka's father and uncle don't believe he is ready for Gonzalez. Negotiations for Ioka to face WBA interim champion Alberto Rossel will be taking place and Gonzalez will move up in weight.

Comment

I made comments similiar about Ioka just not having enough seasoning ,, Chocolatito is a monster and taking a few more fights and explore the fight later in the year or '14 is probably a wiser decsion

Comment

I think he has the skills to take and win this fight. It's not an easy task but it's doable. Best of luck to both fighters.

Comment

Then fight Denver Cuello.

Comment

Sucks, was looking forward to it. I think Ioka should take the fight, this is his big chance to make noise in the lower weights.

Comment

Working...
                    X