Robison Left Hook vs Hearns Right Hand.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kendom View Post
    Charles-Walcott III
    Goddamn it, I love that punch too, how could I forget?

I wonder if there are any more? None come to mind.

Comment

the left hook SRR koed fulmer with wasnt the usual left hook for SRR, this was a left hook that relied on stepping out with the right foot and pushing off sideways with the ball of the left foot. while the normal left hook and the one SRR more commonly threw is a matter of pivoting in the left foot while you plant the right foot.

hearns right hand was allways devistating and allways thown textbook.

so i look at it either as the one left hook that srr threw against fulmer vs every right hand hearns ever threw which i give it to hearns.

or

SRR's normal left hook vs Hearns right hand, in which case i still give it to hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        joe louis right hand is a better single weapon than any of the above in my opinion
        I'd say Rocky Marciano's power in general would put him in the discussion as well. People tend to forget his shots that were **** still destroyed people.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          Goddamn it, I love that punch too, how could I forget?

I wonder if there are any more? None come to mind.
          That punch is as brutal as it is beautiful, its a hybrid as well, is it a left hook? or an uppercut? It's both!! I once showed my sister that punch and she almost cried lol.

And naa I cant think of any others. I think those might be the only one punch KOs against top 10 ATGs.

Comment

I think Hearns KO of Duran is just as good if not slightly better than Robinsons of Fulmer. I'm a HUGE fan of left hooks (my personal favorite punch to throw), but the straight right from Hearns - that's just lightning fast, hard and accurate!

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              While lurking I discovered this thread and found it inexcusable that no-one mentioned Hearn's tooling Duran with his straight right.

Possibly the only time in history a top 10 ATG was levelled with one punch.

I know, I couldn't believe that people forgot it while saying Hearns hadn't KO'd someone as tough as Fullmer...

I'll go with Hearns straight right. But it is pretty close.

Comment

Working...
              X