No announcement yet.

My 2 Tosa inu puppies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2 Tosa inu puppies

Red 6 months @ 105 lbs. and Nala 5 months @ 75lbs. Thought I would show em off.

they're beautiful bro. Are you in the states? Are Tosas legal in the states?

Comment

beautiful dogs

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
        Red 6 months @ 105 lbs. and Nala 5 months @ 75lbs. Thought I would show em off.

Nice Tosa's. I live in Canada and I will be getting a male puppy soon enough. Where are you located?
        Last edited by one-Punch; 06-01-2010, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post

I have actually never seen a brindle Tosa before. Is she a mix?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            they're beautiful bro. Are you in the states? Are Tosas legal in the states?
            Yeah im in L.A. Tosas are legal in the U.S... They are banned in the U.K., Australia, and several other countries. I don't know why, they are awesome dogs with people. Great guard dogs. They can be dog aggressive though but only with same sex and other dominant breeds. I have had Tosas in the past and they are quite tolerant of non dominant smaller dogs. I take mine to the dog park to socialize early but with a Tosa you never can tell the day he gets it in his head he ain't in the mood. It would be pretty much over for the other dog, so you gotta have to be able to read their body language around other dogs. The father of my male was a hand selected import by a big name in Tosas in Japan. He was imported by a lady in Georgia who is connected with the Japanese dogmen and has brought the real deal to the U.S.. So far she has been the only one to bring in several Yokozuna and even a Meiken Yokozuna champions to the U.S.. The Japanese just don't give these dogs away, they have a separate breeding program for westerners who wanna do the dog shows. Mine are the real deal with fighting champs in their pedigree with every generation. The sire of my pup was owned by the Gotti family, yeah the mafia one, to guard their estate but they gave him back because he was murdering the other dogs. You can't keep a Tosa with same sex dominant dogs. Super athletic for their size, super stamina,, great with people and laid back. Easy dogs to train but you have to earn their full trust.

Comment

If I got a dog it's gonna be a cool dog, like a golden retriever. Not a fan of these dangerous dogs, pitbulls, tosa's, rottweiler's, doberman's, etc. Friendly dogs are cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Lockett View Post
                If I got a dog it's gonna be a cool dog, like a golden retriever. Not a fan of these dangerous dogs, pitbulls, tosa's, rottweiler's, doberman's, etc. Friendly dogs are cool.
                Pitbulls and Tosa's are actually friendly dogs. Tosa's are misunderstood giants, and pitbulls have a bad rep due to the ignorance of their trainers (the most gentle dog I have ever owned was a pitbull, he was a wuss). Rottweilers on the other hand are messed, my family had tons of them. I have had some bad experiences as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by one-Punch View Post
                  I have actually never seen a brindle Tosa before. Is she a mix?
                  She is pure and papered. Tosas come in black, brindle, Red, fawn, and in Japan even pie bald. The black Tosas are suppose to be more sought after and expensive by the western enthusiasts. It don't matter to me, a Tosa is a Tosa. They don't breed these dogs for looks or color in Japan, just function. That is why the Japanese do not send the real fighters abroad and send more conformationally correct watered down Tosas. There is a tourist spot in japan called the Tosa fighting center in Kochi, they put on exhibition fights with watered down Tosas and the president of the center breeds his dogs for western standards. Even though, a watered down Tosa is still a beast. The "real" Tosas are competed by several organizations in different parts of Japan and they get together for a national tournament. My males pedigree reads generations long of national champs. If you are going to get something in Canada, look for Toshi Tosa Kennels, Email: toshi@accesswave.ca Patrick James. I think they are expecting pups. These guys supposedly breed for temperament and ability. I use to be friends with the Jap/ American dogman and I know he has the real deal. My female is from Toshi. They don't have a website but here is a link to their webshot page http://community.webshots.com/user/to****osaskennels or for the real real deal you can go to http://www.tosa-inu.com/ and spend a grip 5k and up. That is where my male is from. I plan to breed nala and Red late next year depending if they have no genetic or temperamental unwaranted human aggression issues.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X