No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: On The “Money,” Father Knows Least, Wladimir is Worthy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: On The “Money,” Father Knows Least, Wladimir is Worthy

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Some notes, nuggets and non-sequiturs gathered in the midst of the best sports Saturday of the year – Derby Day followed by Mayweather night.

Magnificent Mayweather: One day, perhaps he’ll convince people that he is what he says he is—one of the greatest fighters of all time. In the mean time, it seems “Money” will simply have to go about his business winning fights, and leave those chats for others. To these eyes, the one-sided clinic against Guerrero simply added to a pile of evidence I’d already considered beyond reasonable doubt, that he’d give any welterweight of the past 30 years (and yes, that means Leonard, Hearns, Duran and Benitez, too) anything they wanted and more.

A Mouthful of Ruben: Maybe, just maybe, a couple dozen looks at Saturday’s replay will convince a certain fighter’s father of what the rest of us (including his son) seem to understand—that Mayweather was the better man regardless of what form the action took. When the fighters were stock still in ring center, Mayweather landed cleaner, sharper shots. When the action moved to the ropes, Mayweather had an answer for everything Guerrero asked. And when the champion chose to incorporate lateral movement, the supposedly too rough and too tough Guerrero had nothing in his toolkit to do anything about it. Funny how it looks a lot different when it’s not Selcuk Aydin, huh? And as for his whines that the champion “ran like a chicken,” perhaps he can explain exactly who it was that battered his kid’s face to a reddened, bloody mess. Better yet, maybe he can do so back in the obscurity from which he crawled, so none of us have to listen. [Click Here To Read More]

Michael 'look at me' Buffer was uncalled for but hilarious, and true really.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I very rarely comment on Fitzsimmons' stuff but wish to commemorate the very first item that I've ever agreed with him about. Buffer The Duffer. Mr. Artificial, Lord Chesterphony. I could never stand his fake baritone monotone, which I always turn off. Jimmy Lennon is far ahead of him.

Comment

Paulie is the man on the microphone. He did an awesome job this weekend commentating. The Showtime crew knocked it out the park

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          Michael 'look at me' Buffer was uncalled for but hilarious, and true really.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Which one is it? It can't be both....

I have no issue with Buffer & Jimmy, well he definitely takes after his pops - RIP Sr......

Comment

Fitz thinks FRAUD would have hung with Hearns, Leonard and Duran?
            When We can't get him to Fight, an in Prime Pac, and now He'll refuse
            to fight the Cinnamon Man. These Cat's were GREAT, because they tested
            themselves, against each other, and weren't looking to the Lighter Weights
            for Opponents!!!
            His Daddy and Uncle, got their Ass Kicked, by Punchers, and BOY learned his
            lesson well!!!

Comment

FLoyd is the best of his time and is absolutely the best right now.

But he would never stand a chance against leonard or hearns. Those guys were beasts that fought other ATG.

Forget about the welters, if floyd was fighting in the early 80's or late 90's with oscar, ike, tito, mosely. He would have stayed down at 140.

And if its the early 80's and he is at 140 do you think he would fight aaron pryor. Floyd would **** his pants if he was ever matched up with pryor.

Comment

It's a joke, really: every now and then a fighter makes a pug of a semi-pug who has no business being in the ring with him in the first place; and the journalist-aficionados dust off their superlatives thinking to cover their acumen in glory as well as the intended. Well, it's nonsense: Mayweather beat a junior welterweight who was slow as molasses and outside of a mentally-weak, Berto, hadn't defeated anyone at welter. Big deal. So he made him look bad, so what. Let's see Mayweather try that against Martinez, Quillin, Murray, or Golovkin.

Comment

Regardless of how you rank wlad. No credit can be givin to fighting someone who is a nobody even in a division of nobodys

Comment

I need clarification - how can an exhibition match, typically not a professional match in any sport, be for a title?

Comment

Working...
                    X