No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Impressed, But Admits Martinez is Too Small

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Impressed, But Admits Martinez is Too Small

WBC/WBA super middleweight champion Andre "SOG" Ward (26-0, 14KOs) appeared on the latest edition of The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene's official audio show. The undefeated fighter revealed that he was impressed with Sergio Martinez's victory over Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on Saturday night.

[Click Here To Read More]

I don't see the possibility for Sergio's frame to support a move to 168. Hell, the guy has to eat to get to 160 and would have a much better time making 154 than moving up a class.

Ward should be getting ready to imitate that kind of clinic for when Julio moves up to 168. Even though he made weight comfortably (for seemingly the first time ever), I don't see Julio's big frame supporting a stay at 160 much longer.

Comment

Sergio is 5'10" and it's easier to add weight than take it off, so I don't see why he couldn't move up. But it's obvious that he would prefer to fight Pac, Mayweather, or Canelo since they'd be much easier money fights than Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
        Sergio is 5'10" and it's easier to add weight than take it off, so I don't see why he couldn't move up. But it's obvious that he would prefer to fight Pac, Mayweather, or Canelo since they'd be much easier money fights than Andre Ward.
        Floyd Mayweather is not an easy fight for anyone.

Comment

Make it happen at 164

Comment

This is a shame. Why did Ward admit that?? Now Floyd fans are going to have to scramble for a new excuse.

Comment

I miss the G's from yesterday

No what Ward meant to say was: I would get in that ass like Nikki Minaj plastic surgeon! If skinny ass Trinidad was able to go from welter to super m/w then so could Martinez. Leonard finished at light heavy he's no bigger then Sergio. The list goes on. The diff was those dudes wanted to be GREAT size aint matter. Sergio people knows Ward aint to be played with. Didn't he fight a cruiser on Sat? Lol Let Chavez been at smw Martinez would of had no problem with that! C'mon let's keep it a c-note!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                This is a shame. Why did Ward admit that?? Now Floyd fans are going to have to scramble for a new excuse.
                Dude you are pathetic. What is with your agenda? Dont you realize Floyd doesnt have Martinez next. He doesnt. You have way too many double standards in your post.

Comment

Smh, why cant they meet in the middle? Ward is seemingly a primaddona in this sense.

In terms of being in the ring together, pretty sure chavez is/was bigger than ward. Would rather see martinez fight money or cotto tho.
                  Last edited by ~AK49~; 09-19-2012, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Floyd fans??man why are you obsessed with Floyd and his fans???seriously??you make yourself look bad with your constant ranting about Floyd...I am a Martinez fan i like him...but at 37 dropping down in weight would be crazy

Comment

Working...
                    X