No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto-Mayweather: Cinco De Mayweather Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto-Mayweather: Cinco De Mayweather Report Card

By Cliff Rold - If nothing else, the world got a hellacious staredown at the weigh-in festivities on Friday night. If the pre-fight battle of the eyes between Tommy Hearns and Wilfred Benitez in 1983 is seen as the gold standard, the perfect ten of staredowns, Mayweather and Cotto registered at least a solid 8.5.

It was fitting for a bout literally years in the making. Once upon a time, Mayweather and Cotto were talents looking for a wider audience, sharing a card in Fresno, California in 2003 before the bright lights came calling. When Mayweather retired briefly in 2008, it was with Cotto taking on the look of the preeminent looming threat.

Life went in different directions, Cotto bested by Antonio Margarito and Manny Pacquiao, Mayweather with only three fights (if all victories) since December 2007. Fresh off a revenge win over Margarito, the long road brings it back around. [Click Here To Read More]

Cliff Rold telling it how it is.

Mayweather UD12 or late stoppage.

Comment

Don't take no experts to see that this would be an UD.

Comment

I used to hate Mayweather for his attitude but always admired his skill. My hatred used to cloud my judgement & every upcoming fight I would convince myself that the other guy had what it takes to beat him. This culminated in the Hatton fight where as an Englishman I was a huge fan of Hatton & ket my heart rule my head in picking Hatton to win. What was the truth was that Hatton was completely our of his league as are most who fight Mayweather. I've grown to admire Mayweather & really like the guy & although I like Cotto aswell & followed his career I'm not really routing for either guy I just want to see a great fight. I go with the majority though & say Mayweather by UD or late stoppage. I can see Mayweather taking a couple of rounds to work him out (like he always does) then I think he'll take the fight to Cotto. Regardless of what anyone says about Mayweather he is an all time great & we aren't going to have many more opportunities to see him in the ring so here's to a good fight!

Comment

Cotto will win by upset.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather, TKO's Cotto in the tenth.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
              Floyd Mayweather, TKO's Cotto in the tenth.
              So let me get this straight. Floyd was not able to KO the much smaller Marquez despite the fact that the weight advantage and was not able to KO Judah. The only legit KO Floyd has had in a "recent bout" was with much smaller Hatton cause the Ortiz sucka punch should'nt even count.

How does anyone with a brain have the balls to say that Floyd is gonna KO Cotto when Margarito couldnt KO Cotto even having cement in his gloves. You people are crazy buying into all this hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Machingo69 View Post
                So let me get this straight. Floyd was not able to KO the much smaller Marquez despite the fact that the weight advantage and was not able to KO Judah. The only legit KO Floyd has had in a "recent bout" was with much smaller Hatton cause the Ortiz sucka punch should'nt even count.

How does anyone with a brain have the balls to say that Floyd is gonna KO Cotto when Margarito couldnt KO Cotto even having cement in his gloves. You people are crazy buying into all this hype.
                Floyd didn't try to KO Juan. Floyd never strays from the script. Floyd knocked him down in the second round.

Comment

Pre-fight: Power - Cotto B+; Mayweather B+

They have the same power? This part, I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
                    Cliff Rold telling it how it is.

Mayweather UD12 or late stoppage.
                    Yeah, unfortunately I think his Alvarez-Mosley call may prove to be equally prescient. Several weeks back I was entertaining the idea that Mosley had one last great performance in him, but, no, I don't think he does. Alvarez is too fresh, and I'm starting to worry that Shane is going to get really hurt tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X