Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Cotto shot against May and not with Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    No I didn't I said they were around the same. Those other *****s defending Floyd has nothing to do with me or what I posted.

With sound logic to boot. Like I said i never said he is better now, go read that again.
    I know you said they were the same.

Miguel has not looked the same since the manny fight to me.

One legged foreman fight? Hell no, nowhere mear close. Mayorga? Cmon, would cotto really get hit that much vs mayorga in '08-'09?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      I know you said they were the same.

Miguel has not looked the same since the manny fight to me. One legged foreman fight? Hell no, nowhere mear close. Mayorga? Cmon, would cotto really get hit that much vs mayorga in '08-'09?
      I'll take the bolded further. Cotto has not looked the same since Margarito beat him to a bloody pulp with plaster. However he was forced to fight Pacman at 145. Now lets use gradeschool math here, recently team Pacman would not fight this very same Cotto that Floyd is fighting above 148, what does that tell you?

It tells me the same Cotto they fought at 145, is the same damn Cotto that they wouldn't fight above 148 currently.

Now that Cotto is bigger & had 3 easy fights & does not have to suffer any mannyweights, IMo opinion that evens out the playing field those facts considered. Is he better now? No. But he isn't much worse if he's any worse at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I'll take the bolded further. Cotto has not looked the same since Margarito beat him to a bloody pulp with plaster. However he was forced to fight Pacman at 145. Now lets use gradeschool math here, recently team Pacman would not fight this very same Cotto that Floyd is fighting above 148, what does that tell you?

It tells me the same Cotto they fought at 145, is the same damn Cotto that they wouldn't fight above 148 currently.

Now that Cotto is bigger & had 3 easy fights & does not have to suffer any mannyweights, IMo opinion that evens out the playing field those facts considered. Is he better now? No. But he isn't much worse if he's any worse at all.
        I thought cotto looked great against pac until he started exchanging and pac thumped him.

All that 148-145 is whatever to me. Freddie roach has some kind of guage that knows the exact weight that destroys cotto?

In general, i think cotto is a better fighter at 147 than 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
          Cotto had 1 ass kicking on him going into the Pac fight
          he now has 2 on him after the Pac fight
          Cotto isn't shot anyway, maybe faded, but not shot altogether
          he's just lesser now than he was in late 09
          Cotto is past his prime-still good. Has been since 2008 when he lost to Margarito. He's not "shot". Mosley, Margarito, Jones, Castillo, they are shot.

Cotto at 154 is a B+ fight. He's never going to be in his absolute prime anymore, but neither are Floyd and Manny. Floyd getting Cotto at 154 on his resume is actually important for his career. It's a HOF fighter that he is moving up in weight to fight, while he's still pretty good and not past it completely. Cotto has more left than Mosley when Floyd fought him, that's for damn sure. And even though the Mosley fight was legit because of what Shane had done prior to fighting Floyd, Cotto at 154 is still the better fight. Cotto is like where Shane was in 2005 or so, past his prime, but still a good fighter. Not shot.

How one could argue that Cotto doesn't look the same in 2010-2011 as he did in 2009 against Manny is ridiculous. What looks different??? His reflexes, ability, power, all look the same. He's basically the same guy he was in 09' when Manny fought him, only at SWW now. Manny gets more props for beating him first, but Floyd still gets his due. Same with Hatton, only vice-versa. If people are going to give Manny credit for beating Ricky Hatton when he did, they better give Floyd credit if beats Cotto at 154. It's only fair, because it's basically the same thing.

The biggest difference in Cotto was what we saw in 07-08, as opposed to what we saw in 09'. He's pretty much the same guy he was in 09', past his prime-still good.

Mayweather-Cotto at 154 and Pacquiao-Bradley....good with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            I thought cotto looked great against pac until he started exchanging and pac thumped him.

All that 148-145 is whatever to me. Freddie roach has some kind of guage that knows the exact weight that destroys cotto?

In general, i think cotto is a better fighter at 147 than 154.
            I too in general think Cotto was a better welterweight................when he was there. But he never fought Pacman at 147 is what I'm saying & now team Pacman wanted him at 147 when he's been campaining at 154.

I'm saying he's the same fighter now that he was at 145 against Pacman, that's really all there is to it.

Comment

I'd never give floyd better credit than pac...

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                I'd never give floyd better credit than pac...
                Manny gets more for doing it first, but Floyd still gets his due.

Same as Hatton, only vice-versa obviously.

Comment

Working...
                X