Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oner: Gamboa Will Fight Brandon Rios in Any Division!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oner: Gamboa Will Fight Brandon Rios in Any Division!

Promoter Ahmet Oner, of Arena Box Promotions, is not concerned with Brandon Rios (29-0, 22KOs) moving up to junior welterweight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Gamboa still wants Rios so Bob can't use the weight excuse not to make that fight happen now

Comment

Wondering how Gamboa will look at 135. Imo slower, hes just too small. 130 is his peak limit. I could be wrong.

Comment

I'm tired of this Oner

Comment

I just don't like the sound of this.

I mean I see why Gamboa is doing it, there are NO big names at his division or even around his division, so he's chasing that money. Still though, I like him at 126, I think that's ideal for his body frame. We'll see

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            I just don't like the sound of this.

I mean I see why Gamboa is doing it, there are NO big names at his division or even around his division, so he's chasing that money. Still though, I like him at 126, I think that's ideal for his body frame. We'll see
            Gamboa wants a payday and he has arum to blame for that but if he's patient depending on Juanma if he can defeat Salido there will be buzz for that fight and considering he's lost and will lose again arum will prob allow this fight to go forward now

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
              Gamboa wants a payday and he has arum to blame for that but if he's patient depending on Juanma if he can defeat Salido there will be buzz for that fight and considering he's lost and will lose again arum will prob allow this fight to go forward now
              he has to wait at least till the end of next year for juanma though, that's why he's not sticking around.

Juanma if he's lucky gets a rematch with Salido in March, there is no promise that juanma wins that fight, honestly he'll probably get KO'd again, but if he does somehow win if, and big IF, jaunma wants to fight gamboa after that fight wouldn't happen at the earliest like sept 2012.

Comment

He's gotta be confident that he can fight at the higher weight classes if he thinks he can take Pacquiao. Gamboa-Rios is a dead fight to me, Rios has recently acknowledged that his body grew and he can no longer make 135, he looked to be at 60% against Maurry. Who is to say he'll even make the weight?

They should just kill this fight. Gamboa-Garcia IS the fight to be made at 126, lets make that happen.

Comment

I thought it would be interesting at 135, but 140 I don't know. Gamboa should fight JuanMa or Broner.

Comment

I think Gamboa and his team are underestimating just how big Rios really is.. watching the Cotto-Margarito replay, when the fight was over and Marg went back to his dressing room and Rios greeted him Rios seemed HUGE a full 5'8 and could probably fight at 150 if he desired...

Comment

Working...
                    X