Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some movies you liked that the critics did not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some movies you liked that the critics did not?

What movies were given poor ratings by the critics, but you enjoyed?

I'll start with three:

Northmen: A Viking Saga

My rating: 9/10

Legionnaire

My rating: 8/10

Sword of Vengeance

My rating: 8/10

Most action movies nowadays get an automatic 6/10 because of their poor story lines. Sometimes I just like to see people shoot people and blow **** up... Doesn't mean it's a bad movie.

Comment

I see Mad Max Fury Road was praised by the critics, yet there's not much of a story there, just lots and lots of violence.

It could be because there is a kind of feminist anti-male theme to it. I think most of the movie critics are extremely liberal and often gay (including some lesbian feminists) and so that's probably what they liked about it.

Perhaps you have to be a heterosexual male to enjoy movies like Legionnaire and A Viking Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I see Mad Max Fury Road was praised by the critics, yet there's not much of a story there, just lots and lots of violence.

It could be because there is a kind of feminist anti-male theme to it. I think most of the movie critics are extremely liberal and often gay (including some lesbian feminists) and so that's probably what they liked about it.

Perhaps you have to be a heterosexual male to enjoy movies like Legionnaire and A Viking Saga.
        WTF?????

I liked the movie, and wasn't the hero a male? Jeeezus christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Yeah, I often watch those films when asserting my hetrosexuality.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            Yeah, I often watch those films when asserting my hetrosexuality.
            You missed the idea: gays and lesbian feminists don't like movies like those.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
                Lol is that forearl?

Never die alone, is a movie that has horrible ratings on rotten tomatoes but roger ebert gave it 3.5 out of 4. Most authentic drug story I've seen. Nothing over the top and the story line is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  Lol is that forearl?
                  You'd be surprised if you saw how many people walk around with these gay ass signs...

Comment

I remember Armageddon was voted one of the worst movies of 1998 and I really liked it.

Comment

Working...
                    X