Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand why people cook their vegetables.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
    Where did you copy and paste this from because you didn't think of this.
    You're welcome to copy and paste it into google to see. That's what I always do when confronted by something I suspect is unsourced copypasta.

I would be surprised if you found it anywhere though as I did think of this and just typed it out as you see it.

I didn't even go back and check my sources, though if asked I could find the studies about the packaging of placebos. I find it fascinating that human beings are so suggestible. I never copy-paste information without fully sourcing it and providing a link by the way. I think it's dishonest.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      I deep fry everything

typical

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
        I looked up whether microwaving veggies kills the good stuff, and from what i read, steaming them is best, but boiling them is also good because they retain water.
        Microwave veggies? Why? I don't even use a microwave any more.

Comment

Hey trigg, my man. Do you peel them off? because I read most of the nutrients are in the rind.

Comment

same reason people eat meat, sugar, fatty foods and other food that is bad for you.

BECAUSE IT TASTES GOOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
              I looked up whether microwaving veggies kills the good stuff, and from what i read, steaming them is best, but boiling them is also good because they retain water.
              Originally posted by kadyo View Post
              Hey trigg, my man. Do you peel them off? because I read most of the nutrients are in the rind.
              The only veggie I peel are beets. Beets carry a lot of dirt. You're right There tons of nutrients in the rind.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                same reason people eat meat, sugar, fatty foods and other food that is bad for you.

BECAUSE IT TASTES GOOD.
                This is why I have one cheat day so I could keep my sanity.

Comment

I would not eat taro leaves and cassava raw. If you do share us your experience with it. But please read first about those two vegetables before you eat them.

Comment

Peas and carrots aren't too bad raw, but i can't see anyone eating things like cabbage and turnip raw.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
                      Microwave veggies? Why? I don't even use a microwave any more.
                      Microwaving things is just another way of applying heat. There's no magic microwave-baddening process that automatically makes it worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X