No announcement yet.

Arum did not just book Texas for November

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    Actually if it's in Texas then Floyd won't agree.

So venue, does matter.
    I think Floyd would be open to the idea to fight in Texas. He was open to the idea last time.

Nobody and I mean nobody not even MGM is going to pay more than Jerry Jones for that fight. And, that stadium would more than triple the attendance of what MGM would do. Which means more money in the live gate.

Floyd is a business, he wants to be brand. He is about the money. So he will be open to this idea.

However, Schafer and Golden Boy would not be open to the idea. They are in bed with MGM. They do sleep with each other. It was Schafer and GBP who try to sabotage the fight by not going to the meeting with Jerry Jones. Just straight didn't show up skipped meeting. Very unprofessional.

So you're right about the venue does matter.
    Last edited by jrosales13; 05-12-2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
      Texas has a corrupt history,the outright robbery of Whitaker.
      That is true, but GBP and Floyd have enough pull to get neutral out of state judges and officials.

Comment

Ey I cant find the numbers. Anyone know how many people were at Margs fight?

Comment

why won't Mayweather fight in Texas? Is it because he's afraid that they wont let him numb his hands?

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Ey I cant find the numbers. Anyone know how many people were at Margs fight?
            Like 17k around there.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              I think Floyd would be open to the idea to fight in Texas. He was open to the idea last time.

Nobody and I mean nobody not even MGM is going to pay more than Jerry Jones for that fight. And, that stadium would more than triple the attendance of what MGM would do. Which means more money in the live gate.

Floyd is a business, he wants to be brand. He is about the money. So he will be open to this idea.

However, Schafer and Golden Boy would not be open to the idea. They are in bed with MGM. They do sleep with each other. It was Schafer and GBP who try to sabotage the fight by not going to the meeting with Jerry Jones. Just straight didn't show up skipped meeting. Very unprofessional.

So you're right about the venue does matter.
              It's a good post.. but at the end of the day... Floyd is staying in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                why won't Mayweather fight in Texas? Is it because he's afraid that they wont let him numb his hands?
                Floyd is about the money. He is open to the idea to fighting in Texas. He knows Texas would get him more money. He was open to the idea last time.

It is Schafer and Golden Boy who does not want the fight in Texas. Becasue, they're in bed with the MGM. Just like how Arum is with Jerry Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  It's a good post.. but at the end of the day... Floyd is staying in Vegas.
                  More than likely

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                    Selective reading. Both venues are available if May/Pac happens its in LV...if Pac/Marg happens its in TX. Arums just covering his ass cuz he knows mayweather may not work out.
                    This ^^^^^. He knows he can get Pac vs Marg made in Texas so he is just making sure just incase negotiations fall apart again.

Comment

The issue wasn't venue the last time and it won't be this time. Simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X