No announcement yet.

Knockouts that surprised you

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knockouts that surprised you

I was wondering if there were any particular knockout wins that really surprised you. Ones where a fighter suddenly turned the fight around or kos which just came out of nowhere.

Obviously pac-Marquez 4 was a huge surprise

Martinez-Williams 2

Foreman-moorer

And last night's Figueroa-Estrada really surprised me considering how bad the cut was.

There was one which still sticks in my mind but I can't think for the life of me who it was. I can't tell when it was (between 70s and 80s from the looks of the footage) but basically one guy was behind on the scorecards, he gets hurt by a lunch and goes against the ropes, his opponent tries to finish him when he suddenly counters with a left hook that floors his opponent and wins the fight.

If anyone can think of any share please. And if there is any footage even better!

Nunn-Kalambay for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      Nunn-Kalambay for starters.
      I keep forgetting how strong the middleweight division was back then. That's a really good suggestion.

Comment

Xiphius

RJJ v Tarver

Comment

Originally posted by DAVID READ View Post
          RJJ v Tarver
          How could I forget!? When tarver says "you got any excuses tonight roy?" One of my favourite moments in boxing just because of how big an upset it was.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVID READ View Post
            RJJ v Tarver

this is the big one in my lifetime ^

holyfield - tyson in 96, too. i was in the third grade, but the impact still reverberated into the classroom.

if you're talking about actual "knockouts" where guys go completely out, martinez - williams 2. jesus freaking christ.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              this is the big one in my lifetime ^

holyfield - tyson in 96, too. i was in the third grade, but the impact still reverberated into the classroom.

if you're talking about actual "knockouts" where guys go completely out, martinez - williams 2. jesus freaking christ.
              I was genuinely worried that Williams had died. I basically mean sudden stoppage wins but Martinez-Williams 2 is one of the first ones I thought of. The ref immediately stepped in to stop it when he touched the canvas.

Comment

Mosely over Margarito.

Mosely was ancient and Margarito was a beast. Neither was the same after the fight, but more noticeably Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  Mosely over Margarito.

Mosely was ancient and Margarito was a beast. Neither was the same after the fight, but more noticeably Margarito.
                  Yeah. And that was after the handwraps incident too. Respect to margarito for his heart but like you say that was like the last burst of mosley.

Comment

Just recently the Froch-Groves KO stunned me.

Comment

Working...
                    X