Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Wladimir vs the Best Version of Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To beat prime Tyson you need to have a strong chin, strong heart, and enough stamina to wear him down and counter him when he gets tired.

Muhammad Ali in his prime was the right guy to beat Tyson, their eras just didn't align.

I think Wlad would've been really uncomfortable with Tyson's style and just wouldn't find his normal rhythm and fighting pace. Tyson would've stopped him in the mid rounds.

Comment

Would b like Sanders(Rip) vs wladimir all over again. Tyson too explosive, too powerpull, too fast for Wlad.

Comment

I would bet Tyson on the over/under. 2 rounds

Comment

wlad is very skilled and a bit of a chess master in the ring but prime tyson was a force of nature and with rooney in his corner he was able to adapt and adjust his strategys too. Some people can point to tucker or smith and say oh but they went the distance etc. But it was only thru fighting negatively just to survive. haye was able to slip wlad's jab all night long, if he'd been just a little better at countering wlad would have been in trouble. Prime tyson was FAR better at sliping and countering than haye and its not even up for debate. On the inside all wlad does is try to hold on he has no inside game at all. tyson is so short that Wlad would have to be bending right over when doing his holding and leaning tricks. He'd be so open to a tyson uppercut on the inside that its not even funny. On the inside Tyson murders him, on the outside he slips him all night long. Added to it all is the fact that we all know wlad's cin is made of glass where Tyson's was granite.

I see Tyson winning this by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
            wlad is very skilled and a bit of a chess master in the ring but prime tyson was a force of nature and with rooney in his corner he was able to adapt and adjust his strategys too. Some people can point to tucker or smith and say oh but they went the distance etc. But it was only thru fighting negatively just to survive. haye was able to slip wlad's jab all night long, if he'd been just a little better at countering wlad would have been in trouble. Prime tyson was FAR better at sliping and countering than haye and its not even up for debate. On the inside all wlad does is try to hold on he has no inside game at all. tyson is so short that Wlad would have to be bending right over when doing his holding and leaning tricks. He'd be so open to a tyson uppercut on the inside that its not even funny. On the inside Tyson murders him, on the outside he slips him all night long. Added to it all is the fact that we all know wlad's cin is made of glass where Tyson's was granite.

I see Tyson winning this by KO.

Great post. That's what I wanted to point out as well. People keep talking about the Tucker and Smith fights, but if Wlad fought like that he would lose every round.

He HAve to open up.

I also like to point out that I think beating Tucker was a greater win from both Tyson and Lennox than anyone Wlad have beaten

Stats at least prove it.

Think about this. Tony Tucker heading into the Lennox fight was 48-1 and have won 14 straight (the only lost was to Prime Tyson). This was Young Lewis as well.

Tucker is also extremely underrated. If he was around today, he will be the clear #2. Over 41 year old Vitali.

Comment

Wlad because any time Tyson would get in he would clinch.

Comment

Tyson would hit Wlad so hard, Vitali would bleed.

Comment

I just can't imagine Wlad avoiding the big punches for all 12 rounds. At some point he's getting hit, and he's going down.

Comment

iron by evisceration. very few fighters i favor against a 90s mike

Comment

Tyson would've mopped the floor with Wladimir. Wladimir fights scared, Tyson would be way too vicious for him - speed, power, combinations, jab, head movement, body punching, workrate. Wladimir's good for his era, but come on - that pawing jab, chin in the air, Eastern European style is made-to-order for prime Mike. When fighters attack Wlad he freezes, steps back, paws with a jab or holds. He's not a counter-puncher. When Mike comes towards him, bobbing and weaving, throwing a hard jab out, dipping to cripple the ribs with a left hook, Wlad would clam up like always. This fight is a mismatch.

Comment

Working...
                      X