Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Danny Garcia and his father be the next Boricua Supertars??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia saying he is boricua seems a bit fake to me. He is repping it because it's in his blood but he is American as they come. Its still cool though.

Comment

I am sure Garcia will get Puerto Rican support, I think it would be tough for him to be a superstar though based on that. If he does manage to get big it will be because he is a Philly guy (big market), has Puerto Rican support (good market) and is a good looking young kid that speaks English who fights in an exciting manner (meaning HBO can package him).

It would be a combination thing.

Comment

Yes Danny can be a Superstar, not only can he bang, he also has a good chin and good Power so he can bring Exciting fights to go with his Fathers Charisma makes for the perfect combination, Angel Garcia would be AWESOME ON HBO 24/7 lol and Danny is pretty Charismatic himself actually, seems like a real cool guy

Originally posted by Check View Post
        Garcia saying he is boricua seems a bit fake to me. He is repping it because it's in his blood but he is American as they come. Its still cool though.
        What people was doubting him and saying he did not look good against Morales he was "RICAN" now that he is on top he is "AMERICAN" hahaha

naw he just so happen to be a Rican That Was Born in America
        Last edited by sicko; 07-15-2012, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Assuming a win over Judah or Matthyse later this year...Dare I say...Danny Garcia - 2012 Fighter of the Year?

He's on the right track.

Comment

Danny just doesn't have the skill or the appeal to do so. But it definitely doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Danny was born over here. The Polish go hard on supporting Polish fighters that never stepped foot outside of New Jersey or Chicago lol that doesn't make the fighter any less "polish", i don't hear anybody b!tchin then. Or Arab-African immigrant-descendant fighters from the UK.

PuertoRicans don't give a f**k about what a white boy or a mexican behind a computer has to say about who is and who isn't a PuertoRican superstar lol

The kid was humble enough to ground himself & thank his family, "American" City and rep his roots in the biggest interview of his career after fighting like a warrior. Hats off to him.
            Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 07-15-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
              They supported micheal perez who was born and raised in new jersey.
              Seems like there supporting dulorme who has no rican blood
              Fair point, I just can't see Puerto Ricans supporting him in the way they do Cotto, Juanma, or others.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Fair point, I just can't see Puerto Ricans supporting him in the way they do Cotto, Juanma, or others.
                I'm thinking that a JM Marquez fight, will make them go hard with Garcia.

It will be the perfect fight México vs Puerto Rico.

But first he needs to beat Judah, so the fight can be bigger for both of them, if he beats someone like Judah, a PPV vs Marquez is not out of the question.

Just imagine the father of Danny and Nacho Beristain exchanging insults at the Press conference or at the 24/7!

Last edited by ksan; 07-15-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Can someone explain to me the post fight "Maybe its the light skin and the green eyes"...

Was he trying to say that he has black in him? It is clear that he doesnt, yet talks and drops ***** in his horrible raps...

This guy is terrible...

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
                    Can someone explain to me the post fight "Maybe its the light skin and the green eyes"...

Was he trying to say that he has black in him? It is clear that he doesnt, yet talks and drops ***** in his horrible raps...

This guy is terrible...
                    I didn't hear the post fight interview but there's nothing wrong with what he said.

There are many people that have african blood in them and look white.

Jessica szohr

Rashida Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post

This guy is terrible...
                      How do you know he doesn't have Black in him? lol u an anthropology expert?

I know dudes in Hialeah who look even lighter than Danny with lighter hair who's grandfathers and grandmothers look like Wesley Snipes lol, gtfo out with that s**t....i'm not even gonna address the n***a-dropping in his raps...

he said it because he has the make-up of what u consider a pretty boy, like he himself mentioned in the interview...which carries the notion that he's soft, withheld, can't fight, etc....had nothing to do with race

Comment

Working...
                      X