No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rubio Proves That Experience Will Overcome Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rubio Proves That Experience Will Overcome Power

By Jake Donovan - The night was supposed to serve as a coming out party for a highly touted prospect. It instead resulted in the leading candidate for Upset of the Year and an old veteran getting one more crack at alphabet glory.

Overcoming a slow start and the disadvantage of fighting on the road, Marco Antonio Rubio rallied back hard to score a shocking seventh round stoppage of previously unbeaten David Lemieux on Friday evening at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada.

Both fighters were slightly under the middleweight limit for their title elimination bout: Rubio was 159 ¼ lb, while Lemieux weighed 159 ½ lb. [Click Here To Read More]

Power means nothing if you lack basic boxing fundamentals

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
      Power means nothing if you lack basic boxing fundamentals
      Lemieux is a good boxer, in that regard. What he lacks, is heart and the ability to overcome adversity. Maybe I'm speculating, but the way a veteran trainer like Russ Anbar reacted tells me he knows something that hadn't yet been revealed.

I've never been big on Lemieux, but I won't pretend to claim that I saw this coming. I'm very happy for Rubio, disappointed in myself that I didn't predict it.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
        Lemieux is a good boxer, in that regard. What he lacks, is heart and the ability to overcome adversity. Maybe I'm speculating, but the way a veteran trainer like Russ Anbar reacted tells me he knows something that hadn't yet been revealed.

I've never been big on Lemieux, but I won't pretend to claim that I saw this coming. I'm very happy for Rubio, disappointed in myself that I didn't predict it.
        I think his trainer pulled the plug because he saw his man taking flush head shots and his legs weren't steady. It's called "live to fight another day".

Comment

Lemieux will never be considered a blood and guts warrior now.

Comment

it sure did prove it....rubio had a very good gameplan and was tough enough to have stuck to it considering the punishment he was getting in the earlier rounds....patience and experience is a motha****a...

Comment

Before the fight I said that Lemieux was a fraud and some idiot argued about how he fills stadiums. Fighting a 3-7 fighter in your 15th fight when guys on ShoBox with 15 fights are fighting 20-1 fighters makes Lemieux a fraud! Fools are WINED, DINED, and SEDUCED by an unbeaten KO record.

Comment

There's a reason why they were milking the canadian cow for so long without stepping up and last night proved it. They accepted Rubio because his was starched by a welterweight, not a huge puncher and not a slick boxer. I love it when setups go wrong. Just like I said - what happens when a guy hits back? Got a taste of his own medicine.

Comment

And he had the nerve to say he would have an easy time beating Martinez and saw a lot of flaws in Bute that he could exploit. Yeah right. Could dish it out but he couldn't take it. Thats what happens when you fight no-hopers and won't leave your comfy canada.

Comment

Here's a salute to all the guys who fight on ShowBox with the BALLS to step up, prospects fighting prospects, unbeatens fighting unbeatens, guys with 15-0 records fighting guys who are 20-1 while Lemieux was fighting 3-7 and 18-19 record fighters! FUK that fraud and he and his team's gravy train approach.

Comment

Working...
                    X