No announcement yet.

Pac - Catchweight King of the Decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Stones View Post
    Never denied that you dunce. You brought up a 19 year old Pac so I corrected you.

I give Pacquiao props for his 1st fight with Barrera but nothing after that.

Point is, Pac was matched against a counter pouncher who outboxed him. Pacquiao could not handle the step up in class and was gifted the draw and decision.

Only fanboys fell for that ****. De La Hoya was old, drained and shot.
    What does that have to do with matchmaking? roach carefully picked out marquez twice knowing he would win a controversial draw and split decision. You thought delahoya was going to lose against pac what exactly led you to believe that, when he had a close lost mayweather at 154 beat forbes at 150 and was about to fight a career featherweight. Damn dude i know you are a pro floyd fan but you dont need to stoop this low.

Comment

Pac always says he is respectful of the sport of boxing.. but he's not... and maybe he is, aware that he is hurting the sport of boxing by demanding fighting at catchweights for division belts. He's not bright at making decisions.

Fighting for the 154 division for title belt at catchweight of 150, with the wrong choice of opponent doesn't bode well for him. History will not forget this.
      Last edited by titan_1987; 07-29-2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stones View Post
        Never denied that you dunce. You brought up a 19 year old Pac so I corrected you.

I give Pacquiao props for his 1st fight with Barrera but nothing after that.

Point is, Pac was matched against a counter pouncher who outboxed him. Pacquiao could not handle the step up in class and was gifted the draw and decision.

Only fanboys fell for that ****. De La Hoya was old, drained and shot.
        I give Pacquiao props until his last fight at ww. Clottey, Cotto, and Hatton were legit. No one will ever deny that

Comment

This thread will find its way among boxing articles written by respected sportswriters to be read by boxing fans. TS opinion matters more than the opinions of Merchant, Sugar and those ESPN dudes that keep saying Floyd is a coward...

Comment

Once again............*****s count 2010 as part of the last decade............LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by titan_1987 View Post
              Pac always says he is respectful of the sport of boxing.. but he's not... and maybe he is, aware that he is hurting the sport of boxing by demanding fighting at catchweights for division belts. He's not bright at making decisions.

Fighting for the 154 division for title belt at catchweight of 150, with the wrong choice of opponent doesn't bode well for him. History will not forget this.
              You do realize that Pac is fighting a much bigger guy who even dela hoya opted not to face. And also note that this fight is most likely gonna be having both fighters use 10 oz gloves which Pac has NEVER used in a fight before.

Also, catch-weights for titles isn't new. Its rare, but not unprecedented in the sport. Its only in this time that people are making such a huge fuss over it. I'm not sure even if historically this will hurt Pac. We'll see.

Comment

It's not a precedent because catchweight fights, even in title bouts, are nothing new.

Not that I like it though. Titles in boxing have already lost value with the number of belts out there, and more divisions. It means even less when a fighter isn't contractually allowed to weigh in at the weight limit for the division.

Comment

yeah dude totally man, cool yeah, so right, I hope you keep up your standards for another fighter...hmmm

Comment

Working...
                  X