Bernard Hopkins' most exciting fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard Hopkins' most exciting fight?

I'd say Pascal 1, then Trinidad

If by exciting you mean schoolings in which B-Hop picks his opponents apart piece by piece there are plenty to pick from. Been checking out a few of his fights from his younger years and so far I like the Joe Lipsey fight and Antwon Echols 1 fights. Lipsey was 25-0 with 20 KO's going into the fight and after Hopkins KO's him in the 4th and the guy never fought again. Echols put up a good fight but Hopkins got into him toward the later rounds and won a decision.

Mangler411 posted quite a few of Hopkins older fights on youtube that I still need to check out. You aught to check them out too.

Comment

Hopkins vs Echols 2 and its not even close

Comment

For me it's the glen Johnson fight he beat his ass from one side of the ring to the next.

Comment

The finishes in both Taylor fights were edge of the seat stuff.

I really enjoyed the Tarver fight and the dismantling of Kelly Pavlik, he looked like Sugar Ray Leonard that night.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Hopkins vs Echols 2 and its not even close

What a foulfest. Punches to the back of the head, bodyslams, hitting on the break, even the ref knocked Hopkins down by accident. This was the first fight I ever saw of Hopkins. I remember because it happened a day before the Vargas vs. Trinidad fight. HBO Boxing After Dark on a Friday? When is the last time that happened?

Comment

Echols, easily. Epic street fight!

Comment

I agree with the 2nd Echols fight as his best fight, most of his other fights where Fat girl in a thong ugly

Comment

I think the Echols fights are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                  X