Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Rigo and GGG(GOLOVKIN) highly regarded by posters yet Canelo is criticized?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how are they highly regarded?because people talk about rigo fighting nonito?nonito and rigo are in the same weight class and they are both champions so i dont see why people make it seem like people are saying rigo is the best fighter when they are only askin to see him fight the guy who is looked at as 1 of the p4p best that so happends to be in the same division.GGG looks like a great fighter at this point but once again where are people making him out to be greater than you think he is?i never see GGG threads so how much is anyone really talking about him

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      canelo is clearly being protected by gbp and the wbc in order to turn him into a ppv superstar and that **** is so annoying. he was pretty much handed the wbc belt when he fought matthew hatton (neither guy was even ranked top ten in the division) and since then gbp have carefully given him over-matched and undersized opponents to look good against. both rigo and golovkin turned pro much later than canelo...rigo only has 11 fights but he has done more relevant **** than canelo has in all his 40+ fights. also golovkin isn't a legit world champ and after demolishing proksa (who was ranked top ten in the division and considered a nice opponent) others in the division have shown little interest in facing him...so it's not his fault that he can't get any of the big fights. whereas canelo could easily get fights with some of the top guys in his division sicne they've all been calling him out, but he'd rather face someone like josesito lopez.
      Yeah Lopez beat Ortiz just like Trout beat Cotto and will get a shot, don't let that stop your lie though.

Comment

Canelo brings the criticism upon himself. When he allowed the WBC to grant him the title for nothing and avoid the top fighters even at a young age that will result in criticism. While its true that he tried to get two decent opponents for his September fight at first he ended up settling for a cherry pick in Lopez, in a joke of a fight. We can't act like it was his only option, Erislandy Lara was there and with the same promoter. This was a better option then Lopez, and easily can argue better than both Williams and Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by JudahRaidersfan View Post
          Yeah Lopez beat Ortiz just like Trout beat Cotto and will get a shot, don't let that stop your lie though.
          Chris MannixVerified ‏@ChrisMannixSI

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer tells SI that @NoDoubtTrout is "being considered" for Canelo but "at this point, don't think it will happen"

it's yet to be seen whether or not canelo mans up and fights trout...it's been over a month now and still there is no official announcement that trout vs canelo is a done deal..however, two weeks after lopez beat ortiz, lopez vs canelo was announced as a done deal...so how come it's taking so long now to make trout vs canelo? hesitation much?

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
            like what???please explain who these world beaters are on his resume cause Canelos resume ****s on his easily
            his wins against ricardo cordoba and ramos is more than anything canelo has done in his own division....cordoba was ranked in the top ten in the division and ramos was ranked within the top 5 of the division (i think) after he KO'ed shimoda for the wba super belt. josesito lopez was a natural junior ww not ranked in the top ten, mosley was just old as **** and hadn't accomplished anything relevant since early 2009 nor was he ranked top ten at jr mw, cintron hadn't accomplished anything relevant in awhile, alfonso gomez.....lol, ryan rhodes was ranked top ten but was old and hadn't really done anything relevant, and he beat matthew hatton for the vacant jr mw belt ..neither guy was ranked top ten..so that title fight was pretty ****.
            Last edited by Bermuda; 01-02-2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

At the last to guys he didn't pick Lopez out of thin air he was going to fight Ortiz, Lopez beat him, if he hadn't fought Lopez yall would say he was scared of Lopez breaking his jaw, yall know yall would. Canelo is 22 and tried to fight Ortiz and Williams, now you can make a claim Floyd is a coward but to call this kid a ducker is outrageous. I really think he was hoping he would get a over 10 million dollar pay day, he will fight Trout most likely.

Comment

I think the net and boxing press favors Pacquiao and defecate on anything Golden Boy, by the time the kid is 25 I believe he will fight many Hall of Famers, Canelo is not JCC JR who was given a pass till the knockout, I wonder who his promoter is?

Comment

Originally posted by JudahRaidersfan View Post
                  At the last to guys he didn't pick Lopez out of thin air he was going to fight Ortiz, Lopez beat him, if he hadn't fought Lopez yall would say he was scared of Lopez breaking his jaw, yall know yall would. Canelo is 22 and tried to fight Ortiz and Williams, now you can make a claim Floyd is a coward but to call this kid a ducker is outrageous. I really think he was hoping he would get a over 10 million dollar pay day, he will fight Trout most likely.
                  ugh no...when canelo vs lopez was announced it was considered a complete joke for obvious reasons..even when there was speculation of the fight happening it was seen as a joke. erislandy lara (one of the top ranked guys in the division) was available to fight, but they chose lopez...they could have even tried and pushed the fight to october since kirkland said his shoulder would have been healed by then. but again they chose lopez...a junior ww.

Comment

Yeah we all new he was to small but the word Cherry Pick is to strong he wasn't some random guy, I hope he fights Trout, Cotto, Martinez and Mayweather over the next two years and I believe he wants that to for his bank account and pride.

Comment

• Lets put this in perspective Canelo gains six pounds to fight at 160 he would be dominated by GGG... Easily

Comment

Working...
                      X