Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khabib Beats Up Joan Guzman, Unifies IBO/WBA Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get why it went to the scorecards, if Guzman can't continue isn't that a TKO? I thought it only went to the cards if it was an accidental injury?

Comment

To funny,how many people was pumping Guzman up for months now...Interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by dr.archives View Post
        I don't get why it went to the scorecards, if Guzman can't continue isn't that a TKO? I thought it only went to the cards if it was an accidental injury?
        Yeah I don't understand this either.

WBA Rules:

Serious Injuries. When an injury produced by a fair blow is so serious that the bout cannot continue, the injured boxer shall lose the fight by TKO.

Comment

Wow. I didn't even bother to watch what I thought was a mismatch. Time to dig up some video.

Comment

Good post...

Comment

because the ref ruled that Guzman injury was result of "accidental foul", so they go to the cards......

Comment

Was rooting for Guzman as my countryman, but i'm glad that Khabib wasn't robbed. It breaks my heart to see how judges play with the effort and dedication of the fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                  Good post...
                  Thanks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    I laughed at Guzmans hard ass "slips". I'm glad he lost he's always been overrated and garbage.
                    I don't think he's (was) overrated. When he was at his prime, It was difficult to find big fights, because few wanted to confront him. That's a fact.

But he's really one of the most wasted talents ever. :/ And that's sad!

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                      Yeah I don't understand this either.

WBA Rules:

Serious Injuries. When an injury produced by a fair blow is so serious that the bout cannot continue, the injured boxer shall lose the fight by TKO.
                      Excellent, thanks for looking up the rules. It should have been a TKO. Judging by the comments about the referee it shouldn't be surprising.

Comment

Working...
                      X