No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: W. Klitschko, Boente, Steward Pick Haye Over Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: W. Klitschko, Boente, Steward Pick Haye Over Chisora

IBO/WBA/WBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko is picking his former foe, David Haye (25-2, 23KOs), to defeat Dereck Chisora (15-3, 9KOs) on July 14th in West Ham. Klitschko won a twelve round decision over Haye last July, while the champion's older brother, WBC champion Vitali Klitschko, won a decision over Chisora in February.

[Click Here To Read More]

if chisora could keep big vitali on his back foot for most of the fight im sure (if fit) he could bully and punish haye.

used to be a haye fan but he lacks balls something which del boy doesnt lack.

war del boy

Comment

I don't see Chisora winning this, though I really hope he does. A little excitement for the division is needed and Haye won't be sticking around long even if he wins.

Comment

It is hillarious that the Klitschko "we are above this fight" camp managed to weigh in....tune in next when we hear "well the fight should not happen but we will watch it." I know that Stewart despite his shillness for HBO and his love for all things K over six foot still has enough glean in his eye to tune in and while I don't think Bronte gives a **** I suspect the brothers will wind up watching as well.....

Christ would it kill these guys to admit this is a compelling match?

Comment

Very, very good match-up. Hope Chisora bullies Haye, who might then be on the run

Comment

It's a great matchup. Both are colorful guys. Chisora has a great chin and decent power. Haye has great power and an okay chin. I expect lots of blows to land. I think both guys will employ some dirty tactics. Haye might go down. Chisora might get rocked. And I think it's going to be a war of attrition.

These two guys could put on a great show and just fight each other a couple more times -- turn this into a real heavyweight grudge fight trilogy. The rest of the division be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubblechin View Post
              It's a great matchup. Both are colorful guys. Chisora has a great chin and decent power. Haye has great power and an okay chin. I expect lots of blows to land. I think both guys will employ some dirty tactics. Haye might go down. Chisora might get rocked. And I think it's going to be a war of attrition.

These two guys could put on a great show and just fight each other a couple more times -- turn this into a real heavyweight grudge fight trilogy. The rest of the division be damned.
              Indeed, if someone does not act soon we might get a decent heavyweight scrap despite the best efforts of the British Boxing Board, then what would happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Dubblechin View Post

Wladimir and Co. keep talking about this fight because the biggest money fight for them to make is against the winner. So they are watching this fight in hopes of making a deal against the winner. The denigratory talk is intended to keep Wlad in the headlines and to "pick a fight" so to speak. It is all marketing.

Haye doesn't really have a decent chin at heavyweight. He can crack, however. While he lacks the devastating one punch power of Wlad, his speed is so great that he doesn't need to have the best power to be lethal. That being said, if he can't hurt Chisora, he's in trouble. Chisora, if inshape, moves forward relentlessly and has decent power. He'll eat Haye alive if Haye is unable to hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Indeed, if someone does not act soon we might get a decent heavyweight scrap despite the best efforts of the British Boxing Board, then what would happen?
                  If this fight is anywhere as near as entertaining as Povetkin v. Huck or Mitchell v. Witherspoon, it'll be awesome.

Comment

Wlad's clearly jealous because of the attention this bout is receiving.

Comment

Working...
                    X