No announcement yet.

Golovkin exposed a little?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    I wouldn't say that, his attack looked very good and active in spite of Rosado's consant movement and he showed he's good at cutting off the ring and applying a constant pressure with an opponent fighting that way.

Let's turn that around, do you really think that Barker and Macklin are as skilled as Golovkin in general or equally skilled pressure fighters? Nowhere close yet they both fought on even terms with him for 8 and 11 rounds with Barker being successsful with his jab and pressure both of which are far inferior to Golovkin's.
    Thats a pretty general question/term. I think an argument can be made that macklin was/is more skilled than golovkin, as far as boxing skills go, but golovkin would be a more dangerous fight to Martinez, considering golovkins power.

Different fighter, different gameplans. Did martinez fight chavez the same way he fought macklin/barker?

Comment

Golovkin has never been hard to hit, I don't understand why people are shocked that he got bruised a little. Is he supposed to be a defensive wizard? I wonder what GGG detractors would say if they watched the Ouma fight...

Comment

He was far from exposed, but his face looks to bust up easily. Rosado is a natural 154 lber who hardly landed anything and he gave GGG two black eyes and maybe a bloody nose. I don't think his face would hold up against Martinez...

Comment

I understand what ts is saying even though I have serious ties to KZ.

I think he needs to have more head movement. A skilled boxer will beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
            He was far from exposed, but his face looks to bust up easily. Rosado is a natural 154 lber who hardly landed anything and he gave GGG two black eyes and maybe a bloody nose. I don't think his face would hold up against Martinez...
            Yesterday: golovkin is a god who would run through anybody, everybodys afraid of him

Today: i dont think he would hold up against martinez

Not exposed?

Lol, only on boxingscene

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              Yesterday: golovkin is a god who would run through anybody, everybodys afraid of him

Today: i dont think he would hold up against martinez

Not exposed?

Lol, only on boxingscene
              Wtf are you talking about? I've never said GGG would run through anybody. Please try and find one post by me where I hyped Golovkin.

This is only the third time I've seen Golovkin fight. I've never thought much of him... but after tonight, I doubt his face holds up in a Martinez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                Wtf are you talking about? I've never said GGG would run through anybody. Please try and find one post by me where I hyped Golovkin.

This is only the third time I've seen Golovkin fight. I've never thought much of him... but after tonight, I doubt his face holds up in a Martinez fight.
                I believe you, just speaking on the general sentiments of this forum for the last 6 months or so.

Golovkin was considered a god, who would beat god himself, who everybody was scared to fight, etc. Now, people are realizing he marks up easily, is there to be hit, has a little trouble with movement, etc. But thats not being exposed or nothing.

Comment

Why not just say Rosado showed a lot of heart and skill and fell short? I mean Rosado has become a world class fighter the past couple years. He showed a lot of determination and was bound to get some licks in.

I thought Golovkin looked fine. Rosado just did not make it super easy for him. GGG had to work for it. If he would have blown Rosado out in the first round GGG would still have naysayers by calling Rosado a tomato can.

I watched a solid effort by Golovkin and a gutsy performance by Rosado.

Comment

I believe you, just speaking on the general sentiments of this forum for the last 6 months or so.
                    This is the problem of people like you who "generalize sentiments". There have been tons of people saying GGG is overrated before this fight and numerous people picked Rosada to win. It isn't so black and white.

That's what I hate about NSB sometimes. People care way too much about what other people think. Who cares?

Comment

I see what you're saying. People here do seem to get a little too excited when an unheralded fighter KO's a journeymen.

I guess people wanna root for the underdog...

Comment

Working...
                      X